Anyone hear from FlGaterwood

Al B

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  Lost electricity and phone/internet service about 0300 on Wednesday morning.  I took a peak outside our bedroom window and noticed the pecan tree standing straight up.  Normally, it leaned toward the street, but the wind was beating all the trees hard.  When all the storm had subsided, this is what I found.  

pecantreeonhouse.jpg

Both houses were being prepped for painting.  The window pane where the blinds are up was sucked out.  All the plastic insert was taken out and the pain is leaning against the screen.  I'll simply clean it up and insert new plastic stuff.  I don't know what it is called.  

A couple days later, this is the new look.  

pecanA.jpg

This is what is curbside.  

curbsideB.jpg

Just after the tree was cut down, they came along and restored electricity just to our block.  That night, we could look around and see only darkness all around except for those who have generators.  We were without electricity from Wednesday morning 0300 until Friday afternoon about 1500.  Saturday, they returned and repaired the electricity service wire, restrung the cable/internet/phone wire that morning and we were ready to go.  Did some laundry and pulled stuff from the freezer that needed to be cooked.  This debris remains curbside all over town.  I have other pictures to show of just a few blocks around the house.  Will get them up tomorrow.  

Thanks for all your prayers and concerns.  It is nice to be among friends.  I hope to never see another one of these.  

Archived