Artie's Shopsmith

Artie

7 minutes ago, aaronc said:

:JawDrop:D@$% Is that Shop Smith brand NEW !??  Smokes that's NICE! 

I didn't realize they were that pretty either till I saw Artie's here. Just the miter handle is so pretty and shiny, they take on a drab look after awhile. I am very impressed with Artie's Smith.

Artie, if you send me your mailing address, I can send you a bag of pear shavings. LOL   Then it would have a good used look.  That is a pretty machine.  Just keep it waxed.  Does it need to have the sheaves oiled or does it even have sheaves?  My logic says it doesn't have any sheaves, but my knowledge has no idea.  Also, I like those tables.  But, I don't use the table saw that much.  About to start making a few boards for park benches.  

Edited by FlGatorwood

On 9/1/2020 at 7:03 PM, Artie said:

I’m hoping this is what we’re supposed to do here.........

CF5ACC94-AD7F-4E57-93E1-6B2BFEEBF199.jpeg

Showed this to a friend of mine as a solution for his workshop.  He called me to borrow my truck to make a run to the lumberyard to buy supplies to make something like it.

Congrats, you inspired someone!!!!:TwoThumbsUp:

2 minutes ago, Gunny said:

Showed this to a friend of mine as a solution for his workshop.  He called me to borrow my truck to make a run to the lumberyard to buy supplies to make something like it.

Congrats, you inspired someone!!!!:TwoThumbsUp:

To cross reference two threads, after seeing that workshop you posted, I realize how poor looking and lack of craftsmanship my set up is. Thoroughly functional though.

1 hour ago, Artie said:

I realize how poor looking and lack of craftsmanship my set up is.

Just starting out hardly a reasonable expectation for yourself.  And again the guy has been working on all that for 20 plus years.  If yours looks the same in 2040 maybe we can have this discussion.  :ChinScratch:

Tomorrow I will take a picture of a cabinet I made 14 years ago, in a hurry, under alot of stress (divorce) and with the attitude its good enough who cares.  Next project is to make this 8 ft cabinet into two smaller ones, and go for a bit better quality and use of materials.