Working today on the drill press and the crank handle broke.  The swivel just ended up in my hand.  The other end cracked years ago and was temp holding with some epoxy.  And of course the bushing is 12mm.  So I probably can't find a generic replacement at the repair shop. Also a while ago the connection of the table broke (because the bolt was minimally long) and since it had an odd thread pattern, I just had to tap it out rather than spend $25 with them for a bolt with the right thread pitch and hope it was longer.

Another tool from them is the jig saw that lost its setscrew to hold the blade.   It's about 4" down a hole.  They insisted the setscrew was 1/4" (another $25).  Finally determined it was 6mm (must have gotten a deal on them at the factory and didn't let corporate know).   But I had to buy a new allen wrench set to get a metric one that was long enough because the supplied one didn't fit a stock setscrew (49 cents).

I did sell my band-disk sander before it gave me more problems.

People seem to like their stuff but i've had nothing but problems, no more of their stuff for me.

Moody swears by his 15” Grizzly planer but I’m still sore at the stunt Grizzly pulled a couple of years ago.  If you’ll recall, they put a killer sale on a 15” planer and I bought one.  The charge hit my credit card so it was a done deal.  Two hours later they retracted the order saying the ad was a typo and the sale was cancelled.  I didn’t even get an apology.  Since then I’ve washed my hands of anything Grizzly.

I guess its okay to bitch and raise your voice about every thing that comes your way but I am a click away from getting away from that. bye

I know it would be different if I had to work with some of you and I know for sure the owners and bosses would hope some of you would drop dead so the level of out put would get back to where they could make a profit after paying the wages some of you are not earning...

5 hours ago, kmealy said:

It is way too ugly to post a photo.  But I used some qswo, glued up two layers on the end to get the offset and used a threaded insert and a t-nut to attach the handle and cinch down to the rack and pinion shaft.

I am thinking for my of using a bushing that I drill out and then drill a set screw into the bushing to hold the handle to the shaft.  As I get started I will post pictures of the how to.  

I was really ticked earlier today. My Porter Cable 18 GA nailer just wouldn't operate. I tried everything I could think of but decided it was 8 years or so old and at $70 or so a new one wouldn't be a big deal. Off I go to The Home Depot and I buy a new one. I hook it up and it wouldn't work either. I try to stay calm and think pleasant thoughts but all of that went out the window. I checked the output gage on the compressor and it was was on 95. Long story a bit shorter, I was shall I say irritated so I stopped working in the shop and went to do you yard work when I notice I had a low tire on the John Deere. I went to inflate it and it took forever to get to 35 P.S.I. and it was then I discovered the output regulator was bad. It showed 95 P.S.I. but used an old gage I had to find I was only getting to 40. I rigged up the regulator from an old HF pancake compressor. The old brad nailer worked fine and with Home Depot's excellent return policy I returned the new brad nailer and used he money to by another couple of Bessy Clamps. A bad regulator and a stuck gage ( both at once) gave me fits.   

I need to change the regulator, gages and vavle on my old HF compressor.  It runs and builds pressure, but I am not sure that it builds sufficient pressure anymore.  Thanks for bringing that issue up.  I have one nail gun left and it is a HF special.  I will get out the oil next week.  

BillyJack, 

It is great to see you posting again.  I hope you are doing better.  

Edited by FlGatorwood