Help us help a Wounded Warrior's Family Christmas

Join us in our annual Adopt a Warrior Family for Christmas Project, enter the raffle to help us raise funds for our adopted family!

Our Adopt a Warrior Project has ended, please standby for announcements!

Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners July 8, 2020

Rate this topic

As always, I watched the videos and learned a bunch again.  Only if my half brain cell will properly file it and know how to retrieve it.  :D  And, I learned that I can't afford a CBN wheel.  Talk about sticker shock.  Thank you, Lew.  Wednesday always slip up on me.  Just about to finish 16 pens all made of elm.  This was a block of wood from MountainGuardian, I think.  I don't see him on the forums anymore and I need to verify his address.  And, I have other turnings to get to soon.  Thanks, Lew, for the knowledge and encouragement.  

Lew, I would get to that wild cherry split soon and remove that pith.  I see it already checking.  I have some pear that cracked down the middle right after I cut off the wood that I wanted to make rolling pins.  I'll get a picture up.  

Edited by FlGatorwood

No worries.  Looks like the negative rake cutters will be here either Monday or Tuesday so we shall see if those pan out better.  If they do I'll be using those more often rather than the regular cutters.  Small side note I did pick up a pen turning kit as well.  So we shall see how well that goes.

Edited by AndrewB

I'm with @FlGatorwood about those CBN wheels :JawDrop:.

Guess I'll have to stick with the "Old School" wheels etc..

I've been going through boxes of stuff I've had stashed, wondering when/where I got some of the "Goodies" I've been finding.  Of course I'm finding everything but what I'm looking for :Tapping: .