Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! July 6, 2020

Not a good day for me -- started some repair work at the furniture bank.   Needed to deepen a couple of grooves on a drawer glide to replace a broken one.  On the second pass, it kicked back and pulled my finger into the blade.  It was on a SawStop so don't know whether that actually helped or not, though it did trigger the brake.  Deep enough to nick the finger tip and semi detach a 1/4" chunk of skin and nail.   Trip to ER and 3 hours later, x-ray and 4 stitches later headed home.  I am not attaching the gory photo.

1 hour ago, kmealy said:

Not a good day for me -- started some repair work at the furniture bank.   Needed to deepen a couple of grooves on a drawer glide to replace a broken one.  On the second pass, it kicked back and pulled my finger into the blade.  It was on a SawStop so don't know whether that actually helped or not, though it did trigger the brake.  Deep enough to nick the finger tip and semi detach a 1/4" chunk of skin and nail.   Trip to ER and 3 hours later, x-ray and 4 stitches later headed home.  I am not attaching the gory photo.

OUCH!!!

On 7/6/2020 at 10:15 AM, hatuffej said:

Hello Ron. If you read the Hawai'ian newspapers, especially thegardenisland.com, Kaua'i's paper, you will see they are very concerned about containing the virus by limiting inbound tourists. Hawai'i  does not have a robust health care system. Tourism is both a boon and a curse, and most Native Hawai'ians want to get back to the more peaceful way of life. 'O'ahu might be a better place to go. 

hat 

Ya know, vacations aren’t supposed to be this stressful. I’m guessing we will pull the plug on this.....again and maybe try this winter.  Getting a Covid test in 72 hours is nearly impossible.

15 hours ago, kmealy said:

Ouch! I hope you heal quickly. 

On 7/7/2020 at 3:34 PM, kmealy said:

Not a good day for me

Hope it heals quickly Keith.  It does sound like the saw stop did it's thing, a real world testimonial from someone we trust - not just a hot dog!

10 hours ago, steven newman said:

Re-filling them Gatorade bottles....with water...just not a big fan of City Water.....Then stick them in the fridge for a while....

Do you have a water filter Steven?  Doesn't have to be a fancy expensive one.  Our water out of the tap can reek of chlorine sometimes - like pool water:wacko:  A decent filter takes care of that.  I drink a lot of water.