Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! July 6, 2020

Week of meetings for me.  City Council, Property Standards Board, etc. I’m currently in the drawing stages of 6’ x 3’ kitchen island for a client.  She’s found all of these “lovely” ideas from Pinterest that I have to incorporate.  She better have a healthy checkbook.  Also, this is the week that we make the decision to go to a Hawaii or pull the plug again.  The Hawaiian governor has made it nearly impossible to get in.  

1 hour ago, Ron Dudelston said:

Week of meetings for me.  City Council, Property Standards Board, etc. I’m currently in the drawing stages of 6’ x 3’ kitchen island for a client.  She’s found all of these “lovely” ideas from Pinterest that I have to incorporate.  She better have a healthy checkbook.  Also, this is the week that we make the decision to go to a Hawaii or pull the plug again.  The Hawaiian governor has made it nearly impossible to get in.  

Hello Ron. If you read the Hawai'ian newspapers, especially thegardenisland.com, Kaua'i's paper, you will see they are very concerned about containing the virus by limiting inbound tourists. Hawai'i  does not have a robust health care system. Tourism is both a boon and a curse, and most Native Hawai'ians want to get back to the more peaceful way of life. 'O'ahu might be a better place to go. 

hat 

Edited by hatuffej
Clarity

Just waiting on some items to be delivered bowl blanks from Rockler which I plan on making a bowl or two.  As well as some other packages on the way for the lathe especially a set of cole big jaws for the chuck and a jacobs chuck which will be delivered today.  So some much needed items in the works and on the way.  Also got the extension on the lathe set up the other day and paste wax on the extension this morning.  Just relaxing doing a bit of PC gaming for the time being while I wait for my orders to come in.