Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Dear folks, help us raise funding for our community directly. And in the process you'll have a chance to win some terrific tools donated by our sponsors!  Read More...

lew

Email Notifications

I've been getting pops on the web screen so it's been working for me but nothing over night.  Usually I get them during the day. But now that you mention it my email has been rather quiet from the forum sight haven't been getting many notifications via email either.

Yep its confirmed @lew even for your recent reply now I did not even get a notification.  The only thing that popped up was a number on top of the forums page tab that showed me that I had a reply or comment or notification.  That's how I've been mainly getting them though is I just leave the forums up on a separate tab and stay tabbed out until I reply or react to a comment or post.

6 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Yea I haven't flagged this site as spam.  Email notifications have also been on.

Not you Andrew, but if you have a mail server such as @hotmail, @outlook, @yahoo, or even your own hosted server, they may have flagged us as spam. So if we just take the extra step to mark our domain in the safe senders list, that'll eliminate that possibility anyway. Next thing I'll do on my end is check our servers sending records and see if your mail domains have flagged us.

It would not surprise me, because we have sent out several bulk emails to all members since our fundraiser began, and some members will mark our mail as spam, which then is reported to the server they are receiving their mail on, and then we get black listed.

I wish folks would not mark us as spam, we only send out half a dozen emails a year, and we are not marketing, we are not gaining profit, but folks still do. Ho hum. :lol: If folks don't want our emails, just click on the "Un-subscribe" button below the email, and it's done. No harm no foul. :)

On the good news it seems to be working with my PC I actually use Gmail.  I do also have browser notifications turned on as well but those seem to not be working at the moment.  I do see the pop up notification on the forums page itself but seems that browser notification arent working now LOL.  No big deal.