Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Dear folks, help us raise funding for our community directly. And in the process you'll have a chance to win some terrific tools donated by our sponsors!  Read More...

Rate this topic

No worries John, about when, or even if, you get around to looking for those two bits.  No obligation there at all.  I just appreciate the interest you have taken in this.  The bench is pretty much done, all I left to do is to remove the pencil marks left over from layouts and IDing the pieces.  I had an opportunity to use the auger set on this project.  The plans called for the old time square cut nails to reinforce the legs to top joints, but I decided to bore for dowels instead and glue them in.  I used the 3/8" auger for that.  Seems to have worked out good.  Have any luck with your fishing?.  Or just drown a few worms?  Anyway, thanks for the follow up on the bits, and have a good weekend.

The completed bench.

783191859_sawbenchdone.jpg.1faa21eb6eead127347234a4419a99d0.jpg

"Peg-leg" joints.

1535236710_sawbenchlegpegs.jpg.0999b0adef4583b8aeb7efbf1369f2d7.jpg

Thanks John.  I appreciate the encouragement.  I still have a long ways to go.  I'm not going to go completely unplugged, but there are times when it makes more sense to do a task with a hand tool rather than going through the process of setup and ensuring the safety concerns are addressed with a power tool.  That's what I am working toward at the moment, just being comfortable switching back and forth as the need occurs.  I will say that the router plane I bought really, really helped out.

On 6/20/2020 at 3:09 PM, John Morris said:

we been caring for our doggy, looks like she may be on her last leg.

Hi John.  How is your dog doing?  Is she recovering, or did it turn out badly?  I know pets aren't human, but they are still family members, and it hurts to lose any family member.  We will all hope for the best.

2 hours ago, PostalTom said:

Hi John.  How is your dog doing?  Is she recovering, or did it turn out badly?  I know pets aren't human, but they are still family members, and it hurts to lose any family member.  We will all hope for the best.

Tom thanks, she is hanging in pretty good, vet has her on some steroids, and her appetite is back up, and her energy too, we are going to see if we can taper her off the steroids and see if she can hang in on her own, if she cannot hang in on her own, I am not agreeable to falsely having a dog stick around for our joy and entertainment only, I need her to be able to stay with us under her own strength. If she can, prayers answered, and she cannot, prayers answered as well. :) Right now though, this morning, she seems perfectly fine!