If I would of known better I would probably have bought the Easy Wood Tools

AndrewB

Any how I purchased carbide tipped chisels.  They are the Savannah Carbide Turning Tool Large Size 3 piece set.  Which I bought all three of them in one go.  Not a tool review by any means since I haven't used them as much.  But so far I can say I like them.  I started turning a new piece since the other piece I was working on quite literally snapped in half on me any how no big deal.  So I put up the black walnut piece that I had started and about a half hour to an hour or so later I had something of a shape turned out maybe it will make some what of a candle holder but it turned into more of a tier drop shape.  Link to tools https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GQIYUZA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

But from what I can say I like the round one.  Works well hogs off a lot of wood.  I was semi swapping back and forth from the HSS to the Carbide the carbide worked alright.  I'll post some picks once I get back out to the shed.  just trying to figure out a wood screw issue for the face plate, I guess the ones that I was using were too small for it so I will have to buy some longer ones.  Any how yea the Wen variable works like a breeze.  But did not drop lower than 700 unless I had a tool load on it.