Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Dear folks, help us raise funding for our community directly. And in the process you'll have a chance to win some terrific tools donated by our sponsors!  Read More...

Smallpatch

Time for a little scroll saw work on this box

Rate this topic

Gene you asked if these side pieces are molding, no but it might have been cheaper than all the grooming I did to a piece of maple to get to where I was going but that would have been light weight pine or spruce or fir. And I would have had to do some angle sawing anyway...IMG_20200523_192128692.jpg.f17aa8f93b4fa894930f9df0ed82fe5e.jpg

Oh yea, the front of the carving will have the same angle as the background wood?

More experimenting. I still have one end of the box to put some thing to carve. I decided the pieces of the patterns were too big I used on the other sides so  took some pieces to the printer and sent to pictures to rapid resizer and reduced the sizes where they would fit the end piece.IMG_20200525_111033525_HDR.jpg.fd34bc000c5e5ee569e4bb335cf79e49.jpg

I also laid the wood pieces face down and sent those pictures to resizer also. It saved redrawing to make smaller patterns!

IMG_20200527_190159722.jpg.fd155d8ad2c994ded049f932c51e401d.jpg

Still playing around. Got to take a break tomorrow for we found a bargain on a stained glass shop that is shutting down and got to help maw since her wrist were operated on she is running out of supplies....about a six hour round trip or more. Besides I need more thinking on this box...

There is so many different things a person can do when building a box like this for I now have about six different models in some stage of construction and when I get stumped I just switch over to another and keep going...