Time for a little scroll saw work on this box

Smallpatch

Gene you asked if these side pieces are molding, no but it might have been cheaper than all the grooming I did to a piece of maple to get to where I was going but that would have been light weight pine or spruce or fir. And I would have had to do some angle sawing anyway...IMG_20200523_192128692.jpg.f17aa8f93b4fa894930f9df0ed82fe5e.jpg

Oh yea, the front of the carving will have the same angle as the background wood?

More experimenting. I still have one end of the box to put some thing to carve. I decided the pieces of the patterns were too big I used on the other sides so  took some pieces to the printer and sent to pictures to rapid resizer and reduced the sizes where they would fit the end piece.IMG_20200525_111033525_HDR.jpg.fd34bc000c5e5ee569e4bb335cf79e49.jpg

I also laid the wood pieces face down and sent those pictures to resizer also. It saved redrawing to make smaller patterns!

IMG_20200527_190159722.jpg.fd155d8ad2c994ded049f932c51e401d.jpg

Still playing around. Got to take a break tomorrow for we found a bargain on a stained glass shop that is shutting down and got to help maw since her wrist were operated on she is running out of supplies....about a six hour round trip or more. Besides I need more thinking on this box...

There is so many different things a person can do when building a box like this for I now have about six different models in some stage of construction and when I get stumped I just switch over to another and keep going...

• 1 month later...