Site Generosity

Gunny

Several people are posting about the sharing of shop items or other physical things.  What I appreciate as much is the generous sharing of knowledge, experience and encouragement, all enhanced with some humor and humility.  Many of you have no idea how significant a cast off comment about saw blades, chisels, turning techniques, dust control, etc., etc. mean to those of us who aren't familiar with the various facets of woodworking.  

And, if someone needs further explanation in a thread, it is promptly sent along without judgement or ridicule. 

I'm about to begin some turning, and I'm sure I'll have plenty of pre-school-level questions that I won't be too embarrassed to post.

I've followed or participated in a handful of other forums, and generally I haven't found this to be the case.  On an old car forum I follow, a frequent response to a question is a snarky "you should have searched the archives."

A big THANK YOU to you all!

Jim

1 hour ago, JimM said:

Several people are posting about the sharing of shop items or other physical things.  What I appreciate as much is the generous sharing of knowledge, experience and encouragement, all enhanced with some humor and humility.  Many of you have no idea how significant a cast off comment about saw blades, chisels, turning techniques, dust control, etc., etc. mean to those of us who aren't familiar with the various facets of woodworking.  

And, if someone needs further explanation in a thread, it is promptly sent along without judgement or ridicule. 

I'm about to begin some turning, and I'm sure I'll have plenty of pre-school-level questions that I won't be too embarrassed to post.

I've followed or participated in a handful of other forums, and generally I haven't found this to be the case.  On an old car forum I follow, a frequent response to a question is a snarky "you should have searched the archives."

Jim

HUGE +1

2 hours ago, JimM said:

Jim

We LOVE turning questions, so ask away!!!!