Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Few, The Proud, The Patriot Woodworker's! Make no bones about it, we aren't many, but we are very proud of our community here!

John Morris

Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! May 11, 2020

Rate this topic

Been waiting on a chuck I ordered Tuesday 5/5 and was given a delivery date of Friday 5/8 and then updated for delivery today.  Don't think that will happen either.  It is a small three jaw chuck with a MT2 mount so I can use it on most of my lathes.  

image.png.182d6477700b523bf18b2da48f65ff10.png

It is currently in transit to the post office?  If that's true it will be the Youngstown post office and will have to be distributed to the Poland Village Post office so it can be delivered to me.  Unless, the Post Office has some arrangement and it is delivered to me today.  Don't know how this works or why.  Here is the tracking info.

image.png.4598f6d0e18f7daae7da85888a11f152.png

Edited by HandyDan

Well, got the cedar box assembled and sanded.  Ready for some poly and sanding up to 600.  First 2 coats get 220 grit sanding between coats.  Next several coats get 400 and 600 grits sanding between coats until it comes out smooth and shiny.  Makes it easy to dust.  

That shipment that is being delivered by the Post Office would have been there by now had it been shipped by the post office.  I ordered on Friday 25 slimline pen sets and directed that Rockler ship by U. S. P. S.  I really don't want the stuff to fly all over the country collecting Covid 19 as benefits from FedEx.  I refuse to use FedEx anymore.  They need to shape up.  

Got my new chuck finally.  Was in the mail box yesterday afternoon.  Ordered and shipped last Tuesday and received yesterday (Tuesday).  Just don't get the Fedex to the USPS for them to deliver connection.  Anyway New toy!!!! 

image.png.45ce307e6ad3ac3ed8e00a83676c856b.png

Edited by HandyDan

Ordered 25 Slimline pen sets from Rockler on Friday, shipped on Friday afternoon, received by USPS on Tuesday morning.  No problems.  I cut 18 pen blanks on the bandsaw from some elm sent to me by Tom, who used to post here.  

Finished the cedar box on Tuesday.  Cutting my last chunk of dried dogwood tomorrow.  I will face and back it with cedar to make a bandsaw box of Lois Keener Ventura design.  I will give a step by step procedure.  So glad to have the cedar box completed.  

11 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

Ordered 25 Slimline pen sets from Rockler on Friday, shipped on Friday afternoon, received by USPS on Tuesday morning.  No problems.  I cut 18 pen blanks on the bandsaw from some elm sent to me by Tom, who used to post here.  

Finished the cedar box on Tuesday.  Cutting my last chunk of dried dogwood tomorrow.  I will face and back it with cedar to make a bandsaw box of Lois Keener Ventura design.  I will give a step by step procedure.  So glad to have the cedar box completed.  

Which one of her designs catches your eye? If you do the lotus box, I've got some hints and cautions for ya.