Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Larry Buskirk

Friday May 8th 2020-What's on Your Weekend Agenda?

Rate this topic

Have the two steps off the back of my house to refurb.  Had outdoor carpet for 20+ years it was done. Got that off and pulled the entire thing away from house. Major cleaning required.  The design of the steps doesn't work for me and several boards need replacing. 

So I got started, pressure washed the concrete in that area.:D

May get that whole house fan in this weekend but I am not so sure, last weekend was mama's birthday, this weekend is moms day on Sunday, and today is doc appts, and tomorrow could be a fan day, not sure yet!

Wishing you all a wonderful and happy weekend ahead!

And thanks Larry for the Friday topics!

2 hours ago, John Morris said:

May get that whole house fan in this weekend but I am not so sure, last weekend was mama's birthday, this weekend is moms day on Sunday, and today is doc appts, and tomorrow could be a fan day, not sure yet!

Wishing you all a wonderful and happy weekend ahead!

And thanks Larry for the Friday topics!

Mine is done. 2700 cfm attic fan for a 10x12 building. :D

IMG_20200506_150332659.jpg.6c9e89648e9061759376a3f8ee7a8233.jpg

Coil pack arrived today...and is now installed....hardest part was getting them dang spark plug wires to come off the old pack....

A little sticker arrived in the mail....license plates have been renewed until next year.   Grandson had new wiper blades installed on the van, too....

Have a shop to clean up, before any more projects can be started....

Half the concrete pavers were laid done.....will add the sand between them later....have another 30 to lay...

Sold My 30 year old Honda Mower on FB in 1 hour . So feeling good. Going to the shop to add more Tung oil to two projects, buff out several more and do some endgrain hollowing on walnut log.

Got to put ads on Craig's for two turning club lathes (big ones). Need the money to pay for the new laptop we bought.

Going to the furniture bank to build some dining tables with one other guy Saturday.   I found some "wood waiting for the right project" -- QSWO and another Walnut plywood that I'm working on at home for a couple more.  Mounting some saddle racks on the wall for a neighbor that has no building self-confidence, and Sunday is Mother's Day -- don't forget it!

Need the weekend to heal up....walking back from picking up Supper from a local Hamburger joint, downtown....was almost to the front porch...there is a small step up from the city sidewalk up to my own concrete sidewalk....twig caught my foot....and down I went...HARD....I don't bounce like I used to   elbow, and knee took most of the fall....hands almost slowed it down...almost....gonna be sore for a few days,

I have removed all the front porch railing for alterations, cleaning and repairs.  All that is done, all the spindles have been painted and the rail base has been primed with oil base.  Depending upon the wind today, may try to get all the base painted.  A contractor may show up today to replace one of the porch posts, it was showing some rot where a piece of trim was attached.

Next up, all the front porch "things" to clean up and repaint.  Swings, house number sign, decorations, front door...

Sunday is supposed to be real nice, with temps back into the upper 70's.  May get to grill out for momma's day.

1 minute ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Back to painting my wife's teak rocking chairs...what a pain. I had hoped to spray them, but I don't have a way to set a spray booth here unless I make a trip to the home center.

My experience with spray painting outside furniture (and porch railing I might add) has been a bit less than satisfactory.  Goes on nice and uniform and looks great.  But just thin coats that haven't held up for the long haul.  That was spraying latex on the porch railing and oil base on various pieces of outside furniture.  Maybe I just needed to give them multiple coats?

I'm hardly an expert on painting, but in this case I'm using an exterior oil based paint over the top of an oil based primer. 2 top coats (I think) and I'm hoping it holds up. But I may wind up having to brush it on if I can't figure out the spray thing.

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr