Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

Covid19 Check In

On the news this morning it was reported the CDC is now suggesting the safest Thanksgiving is celebrated with household members only, do the extended family thing virtually. I started explaining yesterday to one of the grandsons we may not be having a gathering here.

Still hanging tough in our area, reopening, jobs are back, my morning and evening commutes to and from work are full again, traffic is getting heavy, I gotta admit I was enjoying the light traffic selfishly, but in my heart, seeing all that hustling and bustling on the freeways is good to see, it's almost at full tilt again. Praying the rest of the nation is and will experience what we are seeing here. 

AZ has been fully open...except for schools... for several weeks. With masks and distancing, it seems to be working. Our numbers have been, with fits and starts, steadily declining. Hospitalizations are way down, ventilator use is now almost nil and, deaths are getting rarer.  I wish I could point to an identifiable cause. Probably a combination of social awareness, masks and distancing. Businesses have certainly been zealous about requiring masks and distancing. And, posters and other signage keeps awareness front and center. All those things plus, the great strides being achieved by the medical community, have undoubtedly had a positive effect. As some signs state, "We're all in this together." 

On our local news the past couple of days, the number of infections and deaths are beginning to increase and it seems pretty rapid upward.  A local high school is having a bad infection and there is discussion of closing it for a couple of weeks.  The school superintendent said that they were putting corrective measures in place.  Before school started, those corrective measures were in place.  So, did they come down or were they not in place?  

We are not going to the fair this year because of all those folks who won't distance nor wear a mask.  It's just a year, I hope.  The grandchildren love the rides.  But, if we get a vaccine next year, we'll be back to normal.  Our Thanksgiving will be our normal.  I'll cook and our son and his family will be here.  I hope it is a day that I can turn something.  I am having withdrawals.  LOL  Christmas will be the same.  Looking for a good vaccine made in good old USA.  Maybe, next year, we can get back to normal.  

47 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

On our local news the past couple of days, the number of infections and deaths are beginning to increase and it seems pretty rapid upward.  A local high school is having a bad infection and there is discussion of closing it for a couple of weeks.  The school superintendent said that they were putting corrective measures in place.  Before school started, those corrective measures were in place.  So, did they come down or were they not in place?

So does that mean the just opened the schools no worries and now they find they need to mend their ways?   Kids are kids and no special measures will keep them safe.  The schools bring them together but what happens when the congregate after school?  Idiots in charge again with no common sense.

Ohio broke yesterdays record with 2,178 new cases.  The county doubled but didn't break the record with 53.  Close but no cigar.  Yessiree the kids needed to go to school.  This will teach them.

Edited by HandyDan

39 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

So does that mean the just opened the schools no worries and now they find they need to mend their ways?   Kids are kids and no special measures will keep them safe.  The schools bring them together but what happens when the congregate after school?  Idiots in charge again with no common sense.

That pretty much nails it down.  :-)

The wheels are falling off the wagon in Ohio, another record # of cases reported yesterday...I think that's the 3rd new record within the last 7 days. The local TV broadcasts are just filled with all manner of celebrities, citizens, and politicians asking for folks to take this more seriously in PSA ads. I just wish it was working.

AZ saw a considerable drop in new cases. Went from 1113 yesterday to 738 today. Only 42 in our county. Our zip went up by 2. Phoenix area still leads?? the state with 460 and 11 deaths. I hesitate to report deaths. Too many reports of inaccuracies in the diagnostics. 

All along, I've had some suspicions about the numbers of reported cases.  It seems there are so many other agendas out there that slant any reporting.  And I've wondered about false positives, asymptomatic positives, and falsifying records for financial reasons. 

Then there's the questions.  My wife had a medical appointment recently and one of the screening questions was "are you having any respiratory issues?"  Well, yes, every day for the last 5 years!

There's an interesting piece in the NYPost that discusses that...  

https://nypost.com/2020/10/17/how-the-media-is-misreporting-covid-19s-death-toll-in-america/

9 minutes ago, JimM said:

Then there's the questions.  My wife had a medical appointment recently and one of the screening questions was "are you having any respiratory issues?"  Well, yes, every day for the last 5 years!

One of the many hidden tragedies of this whole lock-down mess, folks aren't getting their screenings and cancer late diagnosis has skyrocketed, leading to deaths.

@Fred W. Hargis Jr, don't play around with missing mammograms sir, if your doctor says it's safe to come to his office, I'd wager it's pretty safe. :)

3 minutes ago, John Morris said:

@Fred W. Hargis Jr, don't play around with missing mammograms sir, if your doctor says it's safe to come to his office, I'd wager it's pretty safe. :)

I hear ya' John, but despite my pleas it's up to her. It is a critical test, so I'll keep trying.