Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

Covid19 Check In

23 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Wow, Cal! GA is just behind AZ. We're at 170,798 today with 3,626 deaths.

That would concern me Gene - we had nearly a two month head start on you.  And, AZ has about 3/4 the population of GA.  That said; looking at the NYT charts it appears that AZ numbers are slowly dropping while GA numbers just keep climbing:(

AZ got slammed, for sure! Too many independent thinkers... "Ain't nobody gonna tell me..etc..etc" but, they seem to be coming sround. Some good news from an official source today, though.

Facemasks, other prevention strategies are beginning to have a positive impact

PIMA COUNTY, July 31, 2020 - New early data suggest that the Pima County and Tucson mask requirements may be making a dent in the number of new COVID-19 cases in the region.

There is now evidence that new cases have begun to level off in the two weeks following the implementation of mandated mask usage in those circumstances where physical distancing is not possible.  Likewise, hospital surveillance data suggest that the number of patients presenting with COVID-like symptoms in local emergency departments is also trending down. 

Pima is the second most impacted county. But others are reporting similar statistics.

Edited by Gene Howe

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

"Ain't nobody gonna tell me..etc..etc"

That's the biggest problem with trying to get the virus under control. Too many people with that attitude. 

Beginning to look like we're headed for a repeat of 1918. :(

5 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

That's the biggest problem with trying to get the virus under control. Too many people with that attitude. 

Beginning to look like we're headed for a repeat of 1918. :(

Sure hope not. The Spanish flu of 1918 caused 50 million deaths, world wide. 

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Sure hope not. The Spanish flu of 1918 caused 50 million deaths, world wide. 

I hope not myself Gene, but from what I've read about the 1918 epidemic we're already repeating some of the very same mistakes. 

@FlGatorwood,

Very well put Steve. 

The numbers you would like to see for WI. can be found here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-in-wisconsin-death-toll-by-county-top-headlines/ar-BB17fg5P?ocid=msedgntp

Wisconsin posted the second highest positive case number yesterday (1,062), and the protests against wearing a mask have started again.

As for me I'll only be going out when necessary until things get back under control. :ph34r:

From what I'm seeing that will probably be a long wait. <_<