Covid19 Check In

John Morris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The last stat I saw had us, in AZ, at 49.3% fully vaccinated. Not even close to the 70% AZDHS says we need for "herd immunity". What really ticks me off is that the county with the highest rate of infections (Maricopa which is Phoenix and burbs) has the lowest %age of vaccinations. 

Some are afraid something bad might happen if they get the shot while knowing as a fact bad things happen to those that get the Covid.  The Delta variant going around now is easier to catch and harder on the body. 

I guess the argument is less people are dying from it.:BangingHead:

Delta variant has started breaking out in Australia, states are going into lockdown, and we're waiting to see how far it spreads.

I'm thankful I've had at least my first shot of Astra, but my wife is still waiting.

The Government has upped the age limit of Astra to 60 to reduce blood clot issues, but those younger can get it after having a conversation with their doctor.

As I've already had Astra for the first, I'll have it for the second also.

It was reported on the news this morning that 99% of Covid hospitalizations and 95% of Covid deaths in Wisconsin since March have been the unvaccinated. It also stated that those that were vaccinated that make up the rest had other underlying health conditions.

At this point there hasn't been any calamitous side effects from the millions of vaccine doses administered, and there is evidence that not being vaccinated really puts you at risk of catching Covid. It's just hard for me to understand the resistance to the vaccination. I'm fully aware of some of the health problems that cropped up, but it seems to be in the "normal" range for these types of medications.

We both got our second shots yesterday. Ontario went to "Stage 2" at midnight, So now we can finally get a haircut again. Think I'll wait for the line-ups to shorten a bit, though! Non-essential retailers, hairdressers and many other businesses are still restricted to 25% capacity. Restaurants are still restricted to take-out, delivery and outdoor patios. They're not too happy with the "30 days and 30 nights of rain" forecast! :(

• 2 weeks later...

New cases are very low now and I hope they continue to stay that way.

State averaged 285 new cases per day this week

County averaged 5 new cases a day and

Zip code had only one new case all week.

The vaccines work and that cannot be denied.

AZ is only at around 45% fully vaccinated, 50% have at least one shot. And it shows in our numbers. We've been hovering around 800 +or- new cases for several weeks. Our county had 102 at last count. The AZDHS no longer gives the daily counts per zip code. Only the totals. I don't check every day so, can't tell what our zip's daily no.s are. 

But, we're nearly totally mask free around here. Business employees are about 50/50. Restaurant employees are close to 90% Customers are nearly all maskless. 

I see LA county is back to requiring masks for all when indoors. Ohio has had a spike in the past few days, and I can't help but wonder if we're heading back down the rabbit hole. In the meantime our somewhat moronic state legislature continues to work on not allowing businesses (they already stopped schools) from requiring the vaccine.

Archived