Covid19 Check In

John Morris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cal, I will ask the pharmacist on Saturday when I get my 2nd shot.  Wife's shot card does say: Exp. 29 July 2021.

I am guessing that is the duration of the immunization.  Those who have had the infection of the virus, have a very short immunization period.  Some have gotten it twice.  I am wondering if they will get it multiple times until they get the vaccine.  This is new territory.  However, Dr. Fauci and a few others have stated that we may need a booster shot about July or a month or 2 later.  I like the Johnson & Johnson ratings.  Wife and I both have had the Moderna shots.  Will report after I get my 2nd shot on Saturday.  

It looks like Dan is luckier than the over 65 in my county. They (the county) announced they aren't taking any over 65 patients for at least 2 weeks due to vaccine shortages. Now I've got my fingers crossed that Marie and I will get our second shot on the 26th. BTW, our daughter got here second shot this past week (nurse) and said while the first shot wasn't any problem for here, the second shot had here just sitting one the couch for a day or two with nausea and severe muscle aches. Not trying to be alarming, I just find that strange.

Got my 2nd shot today and it started getting sore within 20 minutes.  Some Aspercreme will be applied and I am not sure that it will help, but will see.  

As promised, I would ask the pharmacist a couple of questions.  First, what is the expiration date on the shot card?  It is the expiration of the vial of the vaccine.  It is like a shelf life of eggs, milk, cheese or bread.  

Second question, how long does this effect the body and keep us safer?  Insufficient research and insufficient time to know how long it stays effective in the body, or how long it even stays in the body or what effect it has on the body later.  

Also, the shot card you receive is to assist when you travel so you don't have to quarantine. 

There is a new piece of information about the CDC getting feed back from patients.  Those who have had the vaccination can go to vsafe.cdc.gov and get updates and provide answers to questions they have so they can better know what to do.  In your information pack there is also a square code box that you can use your phone with, but I have no idea how it works.  

That's all the good news that I have on all this.  

It is appearing that with these new variants coming, our vaccination may need a booster.  I guess with time and research, we'll see if it is necessary.  Mercy, I hope not.  

While our local infection rate is down to 8.2%, we are still getting new cases and having more deaths everyday.  And, I sometimes forget my mask until I almost reach the store.  I then turn around and go back to the van to retrieve my mask.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived