Covid19 Check In

John Morris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The neighboring county, location of City of Cincinnati, is in the "purple zone" (level 4, highest level).  Although still red (3), unless it turns this week, it'll be 4 next week.  My home county is still red.  

I was in a Rural King store earlier this week.  About 1/4 of shoppers were not only wearing a mask, they didn't even appear to have one.  I had to avoid three of them in a loud (shouting) discussion.   I could not get out of there fast enough.  Darwinism?

If I'm at home or in my car I don't wear a mask at all.  I mean its my own space.  HOW EVER when I go shopping or have to go out and about to get things I always put on a mask even if I'm picking up my groceries.  I can't even get into my doctors office for my regular appointment until next month.  Not to mention not even being able to afford the treatment of this nasty nasty virus.  So yea I've got to avoid getting sick at all costs.  Fortunately I was way beyond prepared for this hole thing in the long run.

15 hours ago, HandyDan said:

On September 22 Ohio reported 685 new cases

On October 22   Ohio reported 2,425 new cases

On September 22 My cty. reported 12 new cases

On October my cty.  reported         49 new cases 

Number of cases have to mean something.  Something like we're doing it all wrong maybe?  

12 hours ago, kmealy said:

The neighboring county, location of City of Cincinnati, is in the "purple zone" (level 4, highest level).  Although still red (3), unless it turns this week, it'll be 4 next week.  My home county is still red.  

I was in a Rural King store earlier this week.  About 1/4 of shoppers were not only wearing a mask, they didn't even appear to have one.  I had to avoid three of them in a loud (shouting) discussion.   I could not get out of there fast enough.  Darwinism?

I think the guidance that we're given by the gov and medical gurus is correct...it's the fact that too many folks are in in denial (there's not a problem) or Covid fatigue (I can't do this anymore, screw it!) It's really a shame. All I can do is avoid the stores like the plague, and if I can't avoid them I try to go during the least busiest hours (early seems to work best). I've been wanting to travel to a lumber dealer for several months now and I keep putting it off.....it can wait I guess, or maybe I'll break down and have some shipped.

2 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

All I can do is avoid the stores like the plague, and if I can't avoid them I try to go during the least busiest hours (early seems to work best).

I have taken over the shopping duties, maybe twice a month now just to lower the risk for my wife and the elderly within the family. My biggest challenge has been my Father, at 94 with a 43 year old mind it has been tough keeping track of him. Early on he played by the rules but now he is going to do what he wants to do. We make sure he has what he needs to protect himself and he lets us know when he going somewhere. Sometimes it's frustrating but it's all we can do.

@Charles Nicholls, I hope your recovery is fast and you are home soon. 

15 minutes ago, DuckSoup said:

Early on he played by the rules but now he is going to do what he wants to do.

My 87 year old dad as well, used to have a good diet and played by the rules, now he eats ice cream and Oreos for breakfast, hot dogs for lunch, and Schawn's frozen pot pies for dinner topped off with more ice cream.

Hey, he looks great, still working in his wood shop, who am I to bud in! :mellow:

After yet one more day a record number of new cases, things will get worse I think. Ohio State starts playing football today and I'd bet the number of in home (and maybe sports bars) parties will turn into a state wide super spreader event. Then there's the story about a plot to arrest the Governor and try him on charges of "tyranny", this would have been a "citizen's arrest" orchestrated by a group that's maybe 40 miles south of me...it's really a shame there's not a law against being an idiot.

On 10/22/2020 at 5:06 PM, Ron Dudelston said:

Good to hear from my buddy Charles!   Guys if you remember way back to March, the feds were all about “flattening the curve” so that the ICUs weren’t overwhelmed.  That seemed to work but now the agenda has changed.

Howdy there Ron! Back in March, we here in Arkansas were barely worried about it. Now it’s nearing a point where you either don’t care, or you mask up everywhere you go.

On 10/22/2020 at 6:06 PM, Ron Dudelston said:

Good to hear from my buddy Charles!   Guys if you remember way back to March, the feds were all about “flattening the curve” so that the ICUs weren’t overwhelmed.  That seemed to work but now the agenda has changed.

"Rounding the corner"  ???

One of the neighbors reported going in to do an early vote last week and a lot of the people were not wearing masks.   Even though the county is "red"

Arrg. One grandson has been exposed and is now in quarantine for two weeks, along with the rest of the boys at the "lunch table" at school.  The boy who was the carrier showed symptoms, was still out though test had been done, took 4 days to get results.  And the a-hole father offered my grandson a ride home with them after their meeting, knowing his son had symptoms.   Up until now, there were very few cases, it's an isolated town, but has a large university and the students are back in from all over and brought cases with them.

image.png.fc1ef7881134b00b3132ae9f649c1ef7.png

This weeks stats Sunday 10/18 thru Saturday 10/24

Week                    Avg. Day                     Total

World                        2,936,491                     419,499            42,439,400

USA                             464,241                       66,320              8,640,684

Ohio                              15,581                         2,226                 195,806

My Cty.                              235                              34                     3,779

Last weeks stats.

Capture.PNG.4e74370e786ec31dbde48f1737affba6.PNG

1 hour ago, kmealy said:

Arrg. One grandson has been exposed and is now in quarantine for two weeks, along with the rest of the boys at the "lunch table" at school.  The boy who was the carrier showed symptoms, was still out though test had been done, took 4 days to get results.  And the a-hole father offered my grandson a ride home with them after their meeting, knowing his son had symptoms.   Up until now, there were very few cases, it's an isolated town, but has a large university and the students are back in from all over and brought cases with them.

Send them to school, don't worry, it's good for them.  Kids don't get or spread the virus.

I sincerely hope your grand son doesn't get ill.  He doesn't need that "Participation Trophy".

2 hours ago, HandyDan said:

Kids don't get or spread the virus.

I don't think anyone has ever said that Dan, but, they do very well with the virus, they get it, a few days, and they are back at it. They are down for a day or two, or three, just like the flu. Any death from this virus is too many, any child that dies from this virus is too many, but around 100 children in the US have died from Covid. So if we follow the science, and risks, and data, then it's pretty safe to send our kids to school, if our school opened up, I'd be the first in line to send our boy in to school. Our son needs to be in school, and so do his mates.

I want this to sink into folks here, please understand this statement, THERE ARE MORE DEATHS LINKED TO SUICIDE AMONG TEENS THAN COVID DEATHS, THE SUICIDE RATE IS SPIKING.

So ya I'd say, to get our kids back into schools, is priority.

Here is a good article put out by NPR. This is no joke, our kids need their schools to open, kids will get sick, they will recover, just like they do with the flu, and no I am not saying Covid is like the flu, I am saying that kids recover well, as if they had the flu.

But back to that article.

undefined_wide-bb46f7cce916810ce851bdfc4
WWW.NPR.ORG

Anxiety and depression among teens and youth are getting worse since COVID lockdowns began in March, early studies...

13 hours ago, John Morris said:

I don't think anyone has ever said that Dan, but, they do very well with the virus, they get it, a few days, and they are back at it. They are down for a day or two, or three, just like the flu. Any death from this virus is too many, any child that dies from this virus is too many, but around 100 children in the US have died from Covid. So if we follow the science, and risks, and data, then it's pretty safe to send our kids to school, if our school opened up, I'd be the first in line to send our boy in to school. Our son needs to be in school, and so do his mates.

I want this to sink into folks here, please understand this statement, THERE ARE MORE DEATHS LINKED TO SUICIDE AMONG TEENS THAN COVID DEATHS, THE SUICIDE RATE IS SPIKING.

So ya I'd say, to get our kids back into schools, is priority.

Here is a good article put out by NPR. This is no joke, our kids need their schools to open, kids will get sick, they will recover, just like they do with the flu, and no I am not saying Covid is like the flu, I am saying that kids recover well, as if they had the flu.

But back to that article.

undefined_wide-bb46f7cce916810ce851bdfc4
WWW.NPR.ORG

Anxiety and depression among teens and youth are getting worse since COVID lockdowns began in March, early studies...

World is a dangerous place,.....I don't personally dink and I drive like an old man,..just imagine the lives we would save if we outlawed beer (we tried it, didn't work) and governed all the cars down to 45mph. It would be fine with me,..but others would raise holy h#ll. Far as little kids go,...don't forget swimming pools. There will never be a vaccine for the annual numbers of kids that accidentally drown,......pandemic ???    Why not???   Where's the outrage ?? I could go on and on. A life is a life,...lots of things will/would save lives,......just how many rules you want to live under. Covid 10 will never touch the #'s of people that die from diabetes related issues,...not even close....outlaw sugar???  Anyway,..back to some powder horns  :)

https://www.cpsc.gov/Latest-Pool-Safely-Stats-At-Least-163-Children-Fatally-Drowned-in-Pools-and-Spas-This-Summer

Archived