Covid19 Check In

John Morris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, John Morris said:

Does that protect them from you, you from them? Or both. 

Sorry for the survey questions.😄

No problem,..

If it's a "Covid room" then they already have it. They have tested (+). So the mask is for me (us)/staff. It is to prevent us from contracting the virus from the patient. 

If masks are not effective in preventing the transmission of the virus, why do doctors and nursed insist on wearing them? Unfortunately, politics is now driving the CDC, not science. The masks worked to bring down the death tolls in NY, NJ, MA because the states enforced it. These were the states that were hit first and hardest.  Today, I see more people becoming lax about wearing the masks and our numbers have begun to climb. With winter coming, more and more people will be getting colds and the flu, which will mean more people will be coughing and sneezing,spreading the virus even further. States not enforcing the wearing of masks is where the tolls are highest today. Masks don't protect you, they help in preventing you from spreading the virus if you have become infected. Are they 100% effective? No, but they do slow the spread.

Everyone I know are good but here is the issue I've had since all this has started

The Mrs tells me I'm stubborn and I have proved her correct

I refuse to wear a mask except when sanding or staining etc so my stock has gotten alot more expensive or unavailable

Withdrawal is sitting in now that siding project is close and gardening is about over

I'm gonna have to figure something out soon! I just can't let others pick out my wood because sometimes we get inspired just by looking thru beautiful wood

Anyway enough whining everybody stay safe and thanks again for all the great forums

13 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

You guys need to close the IL border. 

The Mayor of Chicago has put us back on her travel restriction/quarantine list, I'd prefer she keep her people there instead of them coming up here and partying, etc..

Wisconsin is now reporting a just under 20% new infection rate.

It was revealed yesterday that the Bristol Grade School was shut down due to a pair of parents knowingly sending their infected child to school resulting in two staff members and three other students becoming infected. They have been charged, and the school is exploring the possibility of charging them for the schools now required deep cleaning.

That's just how some people are unfortunately.  Selfish and self centered only thinking about themselves instead of someone else.  I don't necessarily would say its an entire generations @John Morris Id say it is on how a specific individual has been raised by their parents.   It's unfortunate but that's how it is with some people of any age really.  Not to mention probably a huge lack of discipline too LOL.

Archived