Covid19 Check In

John Morris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, John Morris said:

I can't go to Church, but protestors and rioters can gather in masses, and do what they do. Because they have rights. Isn't religion somewhere in that Constitution of ours? It's things like that, that make many of us just go, huh? So how serious does the government take this whole thing? Mainly governors. I can't go worship with my people, peacefully, quietly, safely, with all kinds of proposed cautions in place, but they get to create havoc and sweat all over each other, spit all over, throw piss bottles through the air, and destroy property, because their rights need to be protected.

Ok.

Sorry guys, woke up feeling a tad tired this morning, of it all. That being said, we are one of those families that follow the rules, and keep it safe, but the hypocrisy is making many of us insane.

John, when I think you’re wrong I’ll say something.........

23 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Wow, Cal! GA is just behind AZ. We're at 170,798 today with 3,626 deaths.

That would concern me Gene - we had nearly a two month head start on you.  And, AZ has about 3/4 the population of GA.  That said; looking at the NYT charts it appears that AZ numbers are slowly dropping while GA numbers just keep climbing:(

AZ got slammed, for sure! Too many independent thinkers... "Ain't nobody gonna tell me..etc..etc" but, they seem to be coming sround. Some good news from an official source today, though.

Facemasks, other prevention strategies are beginning to have a positive impact

PIMA COUNTY, July 31, 2020 - New early data suggest that the Pima County and Tucson mask requirements may be making a dent in the number of new COVID-19 cases in the region.

There is now evidence that new cases have begun to level off in the two weeks following the implementation of mandated mask usage in those circumstances where physical distancing is not possible.  Likewise, hospital surveillance data suggest that the number of patients presenting with COVID-like symptoms in local emergency departments is also trending down. 

Pima is the second most impacted county. But others are reporting similar statistics.

5 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

That's the biggest problem with trying to get the virus under control. Too many people with that attitude. 

Beginning to look like we're headed for a repeat of 1918. :(

Sure hope not. The Spanish flu of 1918 caused 50 million deaths, world wide. 

6 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

That's the biggest problem with trying to get the virus under control. Too many people with that attitude. 

Beginning to look like we're headed for a repeat of 1918. :(

We are now the "Land of Whiners".  A precedent has been set.  Whine loud enough and you will get your way.  

Most other countries say wear the mask and shut up.  It's the law.

This is to address some comments about all the drama.  The major drama is that national and regional leadership refuse to listen to guidance of health professionals.  This unknown virus is being studied and new information about it is coming out daily.  So, the situation changes and progressing in the right direction, I think.  I will take scientists over preachers and politicians anyday.  They are basically the same to me - preachers and politicians.  I do see one major mistake in the recording and reporting.  The numbers reflect the total confirmed cases since the recording started with this pandemic.  What I would prefer is the number of cases since the beginning, the number of active cases as of this date, the number of recoveries as well as the number of deaths.  While we have many more expiring from this than we were led to believe, still many well educated folks are not going to accept it and have the attitude discussed above.  

A story from my military experience.  In 1970, North Korea seized the USS Pueblo in international waters.  We were called out the Gulf of Tonkin to go show force to North Korea.  As we plyed through the Yellow Sea and the South China Sea, the fog horn blasted every minute of the night.  You could watch the junks move out of the way of the carrier and destroyers.  The next morning after chow, I went topside and looked out.  Either 5 or 6 carriers with 10 to 12 destroyers at sea and the snow capped mountains of North Korea within view.  The next several nights while we were there, we had only red lights inside and outside the ship.  Mechanics working on aircraft had only red light flashlights.  Planes were fueled for ready launch.  We were setting on go, but our conversations had to be quiet and we made limited noise.  Yes, they knew we were there, but if you wanted to play your music, have a loud conversation or not play by the rules to protect all of us, you had a special cell in the brigg.  It was team work to save our home and each other.  That is what mattered.  We had vests and gas masks issued to us just in case.  Nothing happened, but we were prepared for the worst case scenario.  That's what is needed here in this silent and invisible war enemy.  They should bring back the draft so all our young men would be ready and know how to work in coordination with others in the event we ever have to face something like that again.  So, to those who don't want to distance and mask up, suck it up, buttercup for the team.  This will be over when it is over and if you don't want to live through it, just ignore all the guidance.  I am sorry this is harsh, but life is mostly our choice.  

Ohio imposed a must have mask requirement on July 23, 2020.  Started seeing case numbers drop on Friday and yesterday the 20 most infected counties all showed a drop in cases, everyone of them.  I hope this is proof that masks do work and the numbers continue to drop.

36 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

Ohio imposed a must have mask requirement on July 23, 2020.  Started seeing case numbers drop on Friday and yesterday the 20 most infected counties all showed a drop in cases, everyone of them.  I hope this is proof that masks do work and the numbers continue to drop.

That's great news!!! I hope other regions get the message.

@FlGatorwood,

Very well put Steve. 

The numbers you would like to see for WI. can be found here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-in-wisconsin-death-toll-by-county-top-headlines/ar-BB17fg5P?ocid=msedgntp

Wisconsin posted the second highest positive case number yesterday (1,062), and the protests against wearing a mask have started again.

As for me I'll only be going out when necessary until things get back under control. :ph34r:

From what I'm seeing that will probably be a long wait. <_<

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Not gonna happen until people get smarter and a vaccine becomes widely available. Best find a comfortable spot to wait. 

Or until the top leadership gets their heads out of their behinds, and quits spreading misinformation.

Like I said it looks like it will probably be a long wait. <_<

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

And it didn't even begin in Spain!

Wherever it began then or now doesn't really matter. It's here.

The U.S. from what I'm seeing is repeating the same mistake of reopening things far to early.:BangingHead:

They ended up having to go into a prolonged second lockdown to contain the epidemic back then.

I'm hoping we don't have to repeat what history should have taught us, but with the way things stand I just don't know. :(

Archived