Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! March 30, 2020

:ChinScratch:..Monday,..

:huh:...That means we made it through the weekend! :JawDrop:

:Tapping:...Still waiting for the weather to decide if it's going to let us do anything outside :BlackCloud: all weekend...

….We might make it to 50° "IF" the SUN comes out from hiding . Still having 25-30 MPH winds with higher gusts.

2 hours ago, Cal said:

Last week I had a patio cover installed over the rear deck.  Had I done that 30 years ago my remodel last year would have been a whole lot simpler - and cheaper!  So I worked on new steps.  This week I plan to install the handrail and temporary railing around the deck.  Then install a new gas tank in the Plymouth, and start to rebuild the handrail at the front porch.  And stay healthy, I hope and plan to stay healthy...

And looking at the picture reminds me that I have a couple lights to wire up and a fan to hang also!

IMG_1778.jpg.e3743720a098aafbf801830a202135be.jpg

Looks good!!!:TwoThumbsUp:

Took a 20 inch long chunk of Bradford pear, de-barked it, resawed in to 2.25" squares and tossed the center (pith).  Also grandson wanted to plant a garden, so he and I dug up a section of the yard, cleaned it up and planted some carrots, radishes, tomatoes, canteloupes, and some herbs.  Got on line today to order some groceries from Walmart and some things from Lowe's so I can pick it up in the pick up parking area without going into store.  My experience doing this at Target was not a good one.  I need to learn more how this works.  And, I don't like anyone picking out my groceries for me, even if it is cans and packages.  I am far more particular.  Oh, well, this situation is teaching an old dog new tricks.

7 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

Oh, well, this situation is teaching an old dog new tricks.

Teaching all of us new tricks Steve. 

12 hours ago, Charles Nicholls said:

Does anybody know how to underline a word or a sentence in this forum?

Charles, on a reply the box we type in has a header across the top:

756450798_ScreenShot2020-03-31at7_34_45AM.png.5b6a433a59bbe6eff97c968da2ac297f.png

After you have typed your word or sentence, use your cursor to highlight what you want to underline.  With my mouse (Mac) I position the cursor and then mash it in the down position, not sure if that is a left or right mash on a Windows.  Anyhow, move the cursor to highlight what you want.  Then unmash, move the cursor up to the Underlined U in the box at the top (third from the left).  Mash the U and you are done.  Easier to do it than explain it!;)

I was so busy yesterday I did not make it here for everything . Got more done on putting the drawers in . Today got the CMS back in and finished up the last set of drawers. Now have to construct cases for the two file drawers i acquired in my recent find. Then build two drawers.