Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Ron Altier

Sanitize your hands

1 hour ago, Ron Altier said:

My solution, I'm sure others have done it too, is that I carry a zip lock sandwich bag with a Clorox disinfectant wipe in it

Trouble is every time you grab the zip lock bag you contaminate it while opening it.  When you zip it closed you are back where you started unless you wipe the bag too. 

Most of us have a gallon of denatured alcohol in the shop.  Put some in a small plastic bottle squirt some on your hands rub it in and dry with a clean paper towel.  Tear off some paper towels ahead of time so you don't have to touch the roll.  Have a container to hold the bottle of alcohol.  Pick it up squirt some on your hands set it back in the container and dry with paper towel.  Use a door on the vehicle other than the driver's door that you can shut with your elbow.  This way you don't contaminate your driver's door handle or the steering wheel.  You will have to disinfect the key if you touch it to unlock the door.  Remember whatever you touch can contaminate you and then whatever you touch can become contaminated.  Stay safe!   

2 hours ago, HandyDan said:

Trouble is every time you grab the zip lock bag you contaminate it while opening it.  When you zip it closed you are back where you started unless you wipe the bag too. 

Not if you do it correctly. After you open and use it, wipe the bag and your hands with the wipe. All are now disinfected. Insert and zip. The bag and your hands are still damp with the disinfectant.