Harbor Freight to the rescue

Fred W. Hargis Jr

i had a package i was expecting (temp sensitive stuff) and it didn't show up.   turned out whomever was supposed to deliver it to my door had apparently come part way up my drive and then crossed over to my neighbor's place and left the package in front of his barn.   :angry:

you can't make this stuff up.:BangingHead:

:ChinScratch:….I guess I should show you what I've been waiting for. 56567ea584735_IDontKnow.gif.3cfca1eb302acab6008082f8235203b6.gif

1747954212_DeltaSSBadge.PNG.aca379b80cab50440d27231ef76b992d.PNG

That photo is the ebay! sellers.

I had been trying to find a decent badge like this for years at a price that wasn't insane.

Most of the ones I saw were either damaged when the seller removed the badge from the machine,

or better than twice the price I snagged this one for.

It needs a little bit of work but less than some of the higher priced ones I've seen listed.

So now I'll have something to do for a couple days while we're doing that "Safe At Home" thing. :PullingHair:

It was used from 1936 to 1940 on various pieces of Delta's machinery.

On 3/23/2020 at 8:09 AM, Woodbutcherbynight said:

I like them, doing something positive for the greater good.  Other companies look only for profit short term.  This corporate bailout stuff kills me. If you ever fall behind on a credit card they tell you it's your fault for making bad decisions. And now you must pay for it.

BUT when the shoe is on the other foot they need help.

Yeah okay, NOT.

Totally agree.  When the last bailout occured, I saw executives of insurance companies, banking and financial corporations getting bonuses in the millions each.  Really.  They should work for the feds.  No bonuses and no millions to be made.  I did get a reward one time for converting data from Cobal to Microsoft Access.  I save the feds about $30k and they paid me a reward of $400.  Needed some tires for the old truck so that was helpful.  Conversion of data took about 1 day and everyone was so surprised that it could be done.  Too easy to do.  Converted, rolled it in, browsed, had several other review and test.  Past every problem they attempted throwing at it.  Just a residual left over from Y2K.  I loved doing that.  :P

On 3/24/2020 at 11:00 AM, Larry Buskirk said:

I'm pretty sure my local Post Office feels the same way.56567ea584735_IDontKnow.gif.3cfca1eb302acab6008082f8235203b6.gif

They had two chances to respond to my calls.

I called USPS Office of Inspector General this morning and was directed to fill out a form that they provided a link to. 

I also informed them that we get the wrong mail at least once a week, sometimes more.

The person instructed me to instead of running it myself to where it was supposed to go to write above the address

"Delivered to wrong address. Try again."

:ChinScratch:...I think I'll also re-mail it from just across the I by the grocery store.

That area is a different zip code and will have to go through the Milwaukee sorting facility again.

Blow me of twice! :DevilLaughing:

When you get the wrong mail, it is probably a fill in carrier.  Either way, it is sloppy and unacceptable.  Anytime you get wrong mail, just put it back in the box and write "Not at this address."  They then have to do their job.  They should find these misfits and get rid of them.  

On 3/24/2020 at 6:10 PM, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Russian Embassy

Cairo, Dokki, Giza str., 95, Egypt.

:throbbinghead:

FedEx and UPS are worse.  I'll take the USPS anytime over the other 2.  USPS has been in service since the foundation of the country and is part directed by our Constitution.  If Congress will quit jacking with it, it will be fine.  :BangingHead:

Anyway, meant to say I am happy that HF is part of our community and they have helped me many times when it is a one time deal or purchase that I won't try to use often or again.  They did have some quality clamps for a reasonable price.  The ones that imitate Erwin is not worth purchasing unless you just want to use them once or twice.  

Maybe, toilet paper or paper towels will now become the bargaining tools vice the flashlights.  :lol:

19 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

Maybe, toilet paper or paper towels will now become the bargaining tools vice the flashlights.  :lol:

The HF's in Wisconsin are under a "Safer At Home" shutdown order, but if they were giving FREE TP, & PT the stores would be having a hard time with the social distancing thing going on. :wacko:

17 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

When you get the wrong mail, it is probably a fill in carrier.  Either way, it is sloppy and unacceptable.  Anytime you get wrong mail, just put it back in the box and write "Not at this address."  They then have to do their job.  They should find these misfits and get rid of them.  

:ChinScratch:...The way I would interpret "Not at this address" is that the person the piece is addressed to doe's not live at the address that the item is addressed to. 

The local Postmaster called me after the package was delivered yesterday, and asked if I had received the item on the 25th. I told her I received it in the mail today (yesterday) and she said it was reported delivered the 25th, not 26th. She told me she had a good talk with the route driver, and asked me why..." I hadn't just called to report the problem". :JawDrop::BangingHead:

Her voice got rather nervous when I informed her that I had left a message on the answering machine last Friday, and talked with someone Monday morning and told her that I was told that the person was too busy, and that I would get a call back in about a half hour but was never called back.

• 3 weeks later...

Got this as an e-mail yesterday:

At Harbor Freight Tools, the health and safety of our customers, our communities and our team are our top priority. As a designated essential business, our stores are open to serve your essential needs, because even during this difficult time, repairs still need to be made, equipment serviced, and vehicles maintained. And we’ll continue to offer the tools you need at the lowest prices, because that has always been and will always be our commitment to you.

As the COVID-19 crisis continues, we’re making these further changes to reduce crowds in our stores and protect the health and safety of our customers and associates:

Shop Stores for Immediate Needs, HarborFreight.com for Everything Else
Our stores are open to meet your essential needs, but please also consider ordering your tools and equipment at harborfreight.com. We’re dramatically expanding our shipping capabilities to meet increased demand during this crisis, and you can use your Harbor Freight coupons online.

All In-Store Sale Events Postponed
We’re postponing our Spring Black Friday Sale and all other in-store sales events during the COVID-19 crisis. This will allow for effective social distancing and will help us make sure that we can continue to meet your essential needs.

Extending Existing Coupons / No Price Increases
All Harbor Freight Product Coupons and 20% OFF Coupons that expire in April or May 2020 are now valid until June 30, 2020, and during the crisis, we’re not increasing any of our prices. Now there’s no reason to rush into the store to take advantage of an expiring discount or out of concern that a price may go up.

Different Coupon Books, Emails and Website
During the crisis, our coupon books, emails and website will continue to deliver the coupons you depend on to get the lowest prices, but they’ll come with later expiration dates so there’s no need to make an extra trip to take advantage of an expiring discount.

In Our Stores

We’re continuing to aggressively clean and sanitize our stores throughout the day.

We’re limiting the number of customers in our stores at any one time to make social distancing easier while shopping and during checkout.

We’re installing plexiglass shields at each register to protect you and our associates.

We’re continuing to provide our associates with gloves and masks, consistent with the CDC’s guidelines.

We’re providing our stores with thermometers so associates can take their own temperatures before their shifts so that anyone with a fever can go home and recover.

All of our associates impacted by COVID-19 will be compensated for missed work hours so no one has an incentive to work when they’re sick.

Shorter Store Hours
During the crisis, our shorter store hours are: Monday through Saturday from 8 am to 6 pm and Sundays from 9 am to 5 pm to allow extra time for cleaning, restocking our shelves and for our associates to meet their own needs.

Special Easter Sunday Hours
In order to give our associates personal time on Easter Sunday, our stores will be open from Noon to 5 pm.

We understand that these changes represent a different way of shopping at Harbor Freight, but they’re our way of ensuring that we can continue to meet your essential needs, stay true to our commitment to offer you the lowest prices and keep health and safety a top priority.

All of us need to do our part to keep each other healthy and safe. And while social distancing is essential right now, pulling together and supporting each other as a community and a nation has never been more important. Together we’ll help each other through this.

On behalf of the entire Harbor Freight family, we thank you for your support.

Stay safe and stay healthy,

Eric Smidt
Owner and Founder
Harbor Freight Tools

13 hours ago, Wichman3 said:

We’re continuing to aggressively clean and sanitize our stores throughout the day.

That should become the new norm for all retail businesses!

13 hours ago, Wichman3 said:

We’re providing our stores with thermometers

Hope they're not coming from China.  :JawDrop:

Seriously, and not to single out HF, but I hope there will be a re-think about all the stuff we source from China.  If it must be from Asia, there are other options - Taiwan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc. 

Jim

2 hours ago, RedMGB said:

Seriously, and not to single out HF, but I hope there will be a re-think about all the stuff we source from China.  If it must be from Asia, there are other options - Taiwan, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc.

Agree Jim.  We need to rethink about putting all our eggs in one basket.  Who'd a thought?:rolleyes: 

Archived