Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Winners have been randomly selected, please see the list of lucky recipients at Winners Announcement. Please scroll down a tad at the original topic to view the list.

HandyDan

Tabs on the Weather

Gene, Weathernation channel this morning showed Phoenix getting to 114º, almost sounds like you're on the cooler side of whatever is happening. Regardless, even if it's a dry heat 96 is hot...so is 114. I noticed even Boise ID is getting to 104º, so it's across the left side of the country.

0800 was the first time I had to look at my weather app, 84 degrees with a high expected today of 91.  At 1430. it is 90 with S winds of 13 mph, humidity 63% and dewpoint of 76.  That hurricane going up the east side of the state is sucking hot dry air from the west and it feels much like an oven.  As I age, I find I don't do well with either hot or very cold.  :o

.15" of rain last night, and what's on the radar this morning is all going somewhere else. 69º, and it feels like the dew point is the same...so it may rain later. I saw a news report this morning that the month of July was the hottest EVER for Phoenix and Tucson, maybe some other places in AZ, not sure that's the case for our area but July was plenty hot and I'm not sorry to see it behind us. Ou temps are supposed to take a pretty good dive over the upcoming days, highs in the upper 70s. That's also supposed to be the high for today.

So we apparently got another .2" of rain last night, at this rate in no time at all we'll end up with an inch or so. 64 this morning and my get to 80 later today with a chance of showers. I guess we go dry after that for several days, but stay in the seasonal norms for temps. One thing about the small sporadic showers we've had, the lawn is back to (mostly) green.....and I may have to mow this week. That will be 2 weeks in a row.

Our day time lows is about 80 at sunrise, we expect another scorcher today of about 93 with a heat index of 103 or so.  Normally, this time of year, we get an afternoon shower around 4 to 5 pm, but it has been days.  All our rain went east toward Smitty.  @smitty10101, please stay safe over there.  There will be  downed trees and power lines.  Sometimes, when trees uproot, they pull up gas, water and sewer lines.  Just a heads up in case of inexperience.  

Larry, I hope you have a boat.  Sounds like you just got swamped.  Do you need a gator?

20 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

Larry, I hope you have a boat.  Sounds like you just got swamped.  Do you need a gator?

We've got a small pontoon fishing boat, but if the water gets to us there really wouldn't be anywhere to go. :unsure:

We're high ground. :)

:ChinScratch:...I'll pass on the "Gator". ;)

We had some light showers yesterday, and now face a several day dry streak, albeit with cooler temps. Tomorrow morning it's supposed to be 55˚, should feel really nice. We get to the mid 70s today and sun later...it's a little cloudy at the moment (and 64˚).