HandyDan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're forecast for wind chills of -35°. 

76° today. We really do have 4 seasons. It's just hard to see the differences. 

Get out of my wardrobe.  

Posted Images

A very cold 11º this morning and cloudy (I think). Yesterday was probably the last sunshine we'll see for some time....but it was really nice. Eve so, it stayed cold and we still have lots of snow on the ground. To make thing just peachy, it will rain later today (and be in the upper 30s), then drop to teens and single digits for maybe the next 10 days. Sounds like the snow may be here until March or so.:BlackCloud: It will also ruin any chance of a peach crop this year.

2 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Looking at the weather map our TV stations present, I don't think you have to send, its scheduled to go there on it's own (at least a piece of it). Still not sure it will close the shop doors tho'.

:ChinScratch:Working already! :DevilLaughing:

Edited by Larry Buskirk

Yesterday was much worse than I expected. About 4P. the snow started and we got maybe an inch. This was a fairly wet snow since the temps were near freezing, but before the front passed on it ended up dropping a sleet/rain mix for maybe a 30 minutes. So now we have a wet snow with rain/sleet on top of it, then the temps dropped to 19º overnight to make sure it was going to be impossible to clear the drive this morning. I'll give it a shot, but this sucks. We're scheduled to get our first vaccine shot this morning, so I have to be able to get out of the garage. It might get to 30 today, and we may even get some sun in there so with some luck I may be able to get the drive cleared for use. I didn't mention the wind, after the front passed it really howled all night, I suspect we had sustained speeds around 25 MPH. The only good thing was the snow didn't drift any.

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr
52 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Yesterday was much worse than I expected. About 4P. the snow started and we got maybe an inch. This was a fairly wet snow since the temps were near freezing, but before the front passed on it ended up dropping a sleet/rain mix for maybe a 30 minutes. So now we have a wet snow with rain/sleet on top of it, then the temps dropped to 19º overnight to make sure it was going to be impossible to clear the drive this morning. I'll give it a shot, but this sucks. We're scheduled to get our first vaccine shot this morning, so I have to be able to get out of the garage. It might get to 30 today, and we may even get some sun in there so with some luck I may be able to get the drive cleared for use. I didn't mention the wind, after the front passed it really howled all night, I suspect we had sustained speeds around 25 MPH. The only good thing was the snow didn't drift any.

We got about the same here, but with about 3" of "Wet Heavy Crap" <_<

The "Crap" slowed about 9:00PM,, then winds of 35-45 MPH kicked in.

6:50AM Started out at 7° now at 11° headed for 17°. HAZY.

:CoveringEyes:...Plow just went by, have to go shovel end of drive...again, and check for drifts. :Tapping: