HandyDan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're forecast for wind chills of -35°. 

76° today. We really do have 4 seasons. It's just hard to see the differences. 

Get out of my wardrobe.  

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

:ChinScratch:...Sounds like you need about a foot of "White Stuff" to go with that! :huh:

He will insist we come to work. Clear parking lot and stand with doors open till he find out parts people won't make runs in bad weather. Then send us home. LOL usually about 3pm

The snow has stopped for now. I'm guessing 12"+, then it turned into rain/snow mix early this morning. The net result is a lot of heavy wet crusty snow. My daughter and I spent about 2 hours this morning clearing the front deck and getting the cars cleared out. Lots more to clear yet, but time for a break.

2 hours ago, Al B said:

The snow has stopped for now. I'm guessing 12"+, then it turned into rain/snow mix early this morning. The net result is a lot of heavy wet crusty snow. My daughter and I spent about 2 hours this morning clearing the front deck and getting the cars cleared out. Lots more to clear yet, but time for a break.

Believe me Al I can relate.

It took us 4 times going out to clear the drive over about a 6 hour period. 

1 hour ago, Al B said:

I hear ya Larry! Went back out this afternoon and spent another 1 1/2 hrs . Haven't even tried to get to the mailbox yet. Too old for this. Looks like at least another 4 hours of work left. Even my Ariens PRO 28" snowblower is having issues cutting thru this stuff.

We burnt up the belts on 2 snow-blowers, that stuff was just too wet.

Kind of came out of the machines like a slush turd until they plugged up.

Snowfall according to weather reports was 17" here. Lowell Ma got 24". That's nearer to where Artie is. Looks like 3 homes fell victim to the ocean south of here in Scituate Ma.We keep building sand dunes here but they get washed away with each storm. The ocean is rising for sure.

Edited by Al B

With winter 2/3s over, the very cold will finally arrive around us...with a vengeance. But yesterday was one of the brightest days we've had, what with the snow cover and the unimpeded sunshine. Today will be the same. We didn't get much warmth yesterday, but it did clear the ice/snow (mostly) off the drive and the roads. It only got up to about 30º but that was enough. This morning it's 13º leading into the sunny day. But this weekend the bottom falls out, and we don't even get out of the teens next week.

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr
3 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

With winter 2/3s over, the very cold will finally arrive around us...with a vengeance. But yesterday was one of the brightest days we've had, what with the snow cover and the unimpeded sunshine. Today will be the same. We didn't get much warmth yesterday, but it did clear the ice/snow (mostly) off the drive and the roads. It only got up to about 30º but that was enough. This morning it's 13º leading into the sunny day. But this weekend the bottom falls out, and we don't even get out of the teens next week.

About the same here with an exception.

16° at 9:35AM forecast high of 36° today and eye watering SUNNY!

Tomorrow is forecast to reach 38°, and then highs of 17° for Friday, and 12° Saturday.

The bottom drops out Sunday through next Friday with daytime highs in the single digits.

Lows at night below zero.