Tabs on the Weather

HandyDan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...Reminds me of the time they had to close the plant a few years back. The people that lived in town called in saying they couldn't make it in to work. Four of us that live out in the count

...Get out of mine!

76° today. We really do have 4 seasons. It's just hard to see the differences. 

Posted Images

Sunny and 40s today, starting at 34º. Supposed to be a nice weekend before the snow starts Monday. But even that appears to have changed somewhat. This morning thye indicated one of the  2 low pressure centers is moving more toward Dan's house, and we've had our snow forecast dropped to 1-3" from 3-7". I'm OK with that, not sure Dan is tho'.

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I'm OK with that, not sure Dan is tho'.

Supposed to be rain for us.  Got the plow mounted on the side-by-side if it does snow.  Too far off to know for sure. 

Sunny today mid 40s.  Sun looks good for a change.  Been dreary for a few days.

It has rained mostly since about Thursday.  Tonight, rain ended, winds up to 23 mph at the airport which is about 4 miles from here.  Tomorrow high about 68 and then dropping to 30 for Tuesday morning start.  Need some really hot coffee the next couple of days.  Wednesday morning, I get to give some blood samples for the 6 month check up for the doc.  It will be about 32 that morning with high about 55.  Will mow the back yard and try to turn some pine from a house that is older than 100 years old.  

It's raining here this morning, 38º so at least it's not freezing or snowing (yet). We do transition to snow this after noon before this front moves on. Then a second wave of snow comes in....I have officially been just moved to the edge of the 3-6" forecast level. We were in the 1-3" range earlier. That's OK, I gassed up the snow thrower and brought it up to the garage.:angry:

So after all was said and done, we got (maybe) 3" of snow yesterday, almost none of which stuck to any of the paved surfaces....that's a good thing. But it's cold this morning, 27º with a stiff wind. After all this, it's about the normal time of year for our first snow, and the temps aren't all that far out of line. Next 2 days look clear and sunny so this will be a memory shortly....at least for those who can remember yesterday.

Here in the central time zone of Florida, we had almost freezing temps over night here along the beach.  About 40 miles north, those folks had 28 degrees.  Daytime temps the past 2 days has been about 55 or so.  Tonight, supposed to get to about 38 and warming up to about 60 tomorrow.  By Thursday, it will get to 61 with the possibility of rain overnight and another cool spell.  Just the right temp to get outside and work.  :-)