Tabs on the Weather

HandyDan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...Reminds me of the time they had to close the plant a few years back. The people that lived in town called in saying they couldn't make it in to work. Four of us that live out in the count

I hurt just thinking about that!

We're forecast for wind chills of -35°. 

Posted Images

We did hit 80º yesterday, though it's quite a bit cooler today. Even so, it's still a nice stretch of weather if we could just get some rain. 46º this morning, maybe getting to 70....and I guess I've got to drag the hoses out again and water some of the newer landscape plants....maybe the peppers and tomatoes as well.

10 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

You still moving tomorrow? Sounds dreadful if that's still the case.

No!!!! The buyer of our place is waiting on funds from her sale. The funding agency for her buyer is still dotting the Is and crossing the Ts. We're told final closing may be delayed until next week. Apparently, mtg. Cos. are backed up due to the low interest rates causing tons of refis and, new mtg. applications. It'll be cooler by that time...by a few degrees. We're chomping at the bit to get to moving regardless of the heat.

16 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

No!!!! The buyer of our place is waiting on funds from her sale. The funding agency for her buyer is still dotting the Is and crossing the Ts. We're told final closing may be delayed until next week. Apparently, mtg. Cos. are backed up due to the low interest rates causing tons of refis and, new mtg. applications. It'll be cooler by that time...by a few degrees. We're chomping at the bit to get to moving regardless of the heat.

Hopefully will go faster than trying to deal with Government agencies. :BangingHead:

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Underwriters can be total PITAs, though.

Have you tried contacting SS lately? :wacko:

I've killed a fully charged battery 3 times on the phone listening to elevator music (approx. 3 hrs. each time), and being notified your call will be answered in the order it was received. :angry:

Yesterday was really nice, the wind had dies down and it was about 70 and sunny. But for me it was one of those do nothing but run family members (mostly the dog) on errands. In any case, this morning we're 48º and it's another sunny day...probably getting to 80. But at least I'll be able to get back to some things that need done before winter. Forecasts for rain over the next few days look like there's no agreement on whether Delta will come out way or not. So we may lose out on any rain from it, but Monday may see a front that brings some. Speaking of Delta, The folks on the TX/LA line are looking to get clobbered (again), I sure wish them the best as they hunker down.