Star Ornament

Ron Altier

There is a wire from one of the hobby shops that you could attach with a short screw on the back.  Mold the wire into a cone to fit over the tree top.  

That is some beautiful work.  I am wondering where you get the blink on the ends of the spikes.  And, how are they attached?  Thank you.  

Ron you might get a little smaller and think about making some wooden ear rings... Wife has been showing me some ear rings made of metal and gems and she says if they were carved of wood she thinks they would sell easy...…. and in these pictures of different ear rings there is some that are 4" so size don't matter to some girls.

But the most important thing is ear rings and things of the same nature will sell all year and not limited to just before Christmas.

10 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

There is a wire from one of the hobby shops that you could attach with a short screw on the back.  Mold the wire into a cone to fit over the tree top.  

That is some beautiful work.  I am wondering where you get the blink on the ends of the spikes.  And, how are they attached?  Thank you.  

All of the bling comes from hobby lobby in the ear ring/jewelry making area. Many of the small balls have a small needle attached to them. I drill a tiny hole, glue and insert. Pieces that fit on the outside, top and bottom I use epoxy, just be creative/inventive as you go

Thank you, Ron.  After the curfew is over for us seniors, I'll hit Michael's to see what they have and maybe check out Joann's Fabrics to see what they have.  We have a Hobby Lobby that I won't support.  I put 4 years in the military and 31 years in civil service.  Oh, well, it is what it is.  But, on another note, I tried my first inside out turning.  I learned very quickly to watch my knuckles while sanding.  Those corners will quickly remind you that you did not turn that inside part.  Now, I just need some wipe on poly, but we seniors have a curfew except for necessary trips.  I haven't learned how to justify that trip to Lowe's just yet.  Working on that!  :D