First electric powered saw that I learned on...now mine

9 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

That is a beautiful job.  :TwoThumbsUp:

Thank you.  Appreciate it!  The saw should serve me well for some time now.  The pictures are forgiving of the paint and that helps. I am not looking for show pieces but like to have the “crusties”under control at least.  Lol... 

Edited by Bundoman

10 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

That is a beautiful job.  :TwoThumbsUp:

It sure is a beautiful restoration job.  What is our technique to keep the new paint off of the old badging?  Do you remove the old badge and reattach with new rivets or just a good masking job?

Danl

30 minutes ago, Danl said:

It sure is a beautiful restoration job.  What is our technique to keep the new paint off of the old badging?  Do you remove the old badge and reattach with new rivets or just a good masking job?

Danl

If you have the rivets best way is to remove and paint. If not a good masking job will work.

42 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

If you have the rivets best way is to remove and paint. If not a good masking job will work.

One of each on this saw.  The Homecraft badge came off easily but the serial tag wasnt having it and it was in an easy spot to tape.  For bolt holes, threads, machined surfaces, etc, I sometimes use a Qtip with Vaseline to keep the paint from sticking and binding the parts.  Have to be precise though with that plan as it can cause grief if misplaced.  

5 minutes ago, Bundoman said:

One of each on this saw.  The Homecraft badge came off easily but the serial tag wasnt having it and it was in an easy spot to tape.  For bolt holes, threads, machined surfaces, etc, I sometimes use a Qtip with Vaseline to keep the paint from sticking and binding the parts.  Have to be precise though with that plan as it can cause grief if misplaced.  

You can put an Allen screw in such holes. Or cut some threaded rod and make a notch for a screwdriver. Either works, or the vaseline.

Just now, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Did you use the same base?  Looks brown in the picture.

I did use the original base in gray and shot the original plywood top with brown.  This photo just kinda sucks!  The work light really messed with it but it was the only one I took so ran with it.  

50 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

@Bundoman,

Brent, 

You've been holding out on us! <_<...:Tapping:

:throbbinghead:

But then I'm not into Delta!... :WhoMe:

1747954212_DeltaSSBadge.PNG.aca379b80cab50440d27231ef76b992d.PNG

Sadly, the saw the the belt guard came from went to the big woodshop in the sky!  It was pretty broken up so I kept and or sold many of the useable parts.  I have a few things left but not much.

14 hours ago, Bundoman said:

Does this make you an enabler?  Lol...I did one of these for my dad a few years back. He still has it.  These are nice project tools.  Do you deliver?  😜

:ChinScratch: Am I an enabler? :WonderScratch:  

I'm more into the earlier 1930's, early 40's Delta machines myself.

I got this Homecraft in one of those have to buy two machines to get the one I wanted deals. 

:ChinScratch:Delivery? ...Quite possibly, I'm located about 5 miles north of the Ill, WI state line about 2.5 miles west of I94.

Am I an enabler?...:DevilLaughing:

Thanks for those pics of the Mercury.  I really liked that first gen Cougar.  I know a fella that works at a local tire store has two of them, one to restore and one for parts - I ask him every time I go in for an oil change if he has started the restore, it's always no...:(

This link has a couple pics of my (used to be my) '67 Pontiac: