Rate this topic

I had wondered where you had been hybernating. Great idea and I was planning on making a slide lid box for pocket carrier. I have a whole box full of these bottles I saved and now have a use. How did you glue the threads in?

By the way we usually didn't explain the top till someone called who could not open it or if someone asked for nonsafe tops.

Edited by Gerald

Thanks for the nod Steve.  I like your idea with the pill bottles.  The amber part would sure blend well with a lot of different wood species.  Very well done, I love your grain match.

I've had the idea for awhile that if the whole bottle was used that they would be great as  liners for salt and pepper shakers.

Thanks guys. It feels good to post again, been a long time.

2 hours ago, Gerald said:

How did you glue the threads in?

Gerald, epoxy. I tried super glue and even though research said that would work, it did not work for me. Every one I tried with CA glue failed. I also learned to leave about 3/8" below the threads for glue surface and to rough it up to give it some tooth for the epoxy to grip.

2 hours ago, HandyDan said:

I love your grain match.

I've had the idea for awhile that if the whole bottle was used that they would be great as  liners for salt and pepper shakers.

I thought about salt and pepper shakers too, forgot to mention those. Getting a nice grain match is pretty easy with these. The lid assembly is glued together and then one set of threads are glued in. After that, I fit the second set of threads but don't glue them in until the box is put back between centers and rough shaped as an assembly. Then, it's simple to screw the lid on to both sets of threads and glue that into the second piece of wood. Hope that makes sense.