Morakniv Carving Knives

John Morris

1 hour ago, Cal said:

Thanks for the lessons. 

My last attempt at carving was when I was a boy scout.  I probably was using (or trying) an old Barlow pocket knife, likely is was not too sharp.  My results were less than satisfactory and I never tried it again.:(

That's not the first time that's happened to many of us Cal, just like picking up our very first hand plane and having a horrible experience with it, mainly because it wasn't set up right and not even sharp, and many of us just say the heck with it.

If you had a beautifully sharp knife made for carving for your first experience, you'd probably be carving today. Try it again Cal! This time with good tooling.

5 minutes ago, kmealy said:

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of Wille Sundqvist (Jogge's father)  "Swedish Woodcarving" book.

Hey Keith, this is the third or fourth topic you have suggested that book, and within those topics I have actually displayed that book as one of my bibles for this art-form. I am thinking you are not reading my topic all the way through. :lol:

In this topic, if you look above, you'll see my review of the book you talk about, just raise your eyeballs above my "Gallery Album" I embedded in this original topic here on this page. Yes! That book is wonderful! It's right by my bedside along with his son's Jogge's book.

Thanks again Keith for the book recommendation, for about the 5th time now. :cowboy: 

I'm laughing with ya Keith, not at ya.