Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Dear folks, help us raise funding for our community directly. And in the process you'll have a chance to win some terrific tools donated by our sponsors!  Read More...

Rate this topic

Actually, and seeing as how you have asked John... and I know that it has been mentioned before and something in the "programing" doesn't allow it, but things change and I just want to mention it again to keep it on the list for future enhancements when it can be done.

When mashing a thread in "unread content" it always goes to the first post, rather than where I left off.

Maybe the programmers doing the site updates and such figure that unread content is simply not seen before, rather than unread since the last visit?

Anyhow, you did ask:)

23 hours ago, Larry Buskirk said:

@Cal,

:ChinScratch:..That's strange, when I go to a topic that I've been to before I usually get "New Content Begins Here"

Larry, even when you are in "unread content"?  It does that for me for those few threads on the forum page, but not in u-c.  If this is simply a setting in my computer you could make me a happy camper today to fix it. 

I generally only visit once a day, while I have my morning coffee - so most of my browsing is in the u-c section:)  Sometimes I spend more time looking rather than reading, especially on an active thread.  I start on page one (by default), hit the "last page", read a post or two, realize I need to back up a page, back up and search for the "new content banner" and start over...  It's raining this morning and I have plenty of time; some days I want to get going and have to be a bit more selective in which threads I actually bring up & read...

Edited by Cal

6 hours ago, DuckSoup said:

Cal, if you click on the time area of the post it will bring you to the last post and if you scroll backwards through the post you'll see a black bar that separates the most recent post since your last visit.

It's easier than what I just explained:WonderScratch:

I've found clicking on the "xxx replies" area does the same thing.

7 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

I have really missed this place for the past few weeks.  My old Toshiba died, so I used my wife's laptop when she let me.  It was pain and agony to not be here.  So glad to see the site is still going strong without me.  My, how you've grown.  I am so proud of you.  The best company anywhere.  Thanks for being here and making me feel welcome.  :P

And completely glad you now are able to be with us Steve!

22 hours ago, DuckSoup said:

Cal, if you click on the time area of the post it will bring you to the last post and if you scroll backwards through the post you'll see a black bar that separates the most recent post since your last visit.

It's easier than what I just explained:WonderScratch:

16 hours ago, RedMGB said:

I've found clicking on the "xxx replies" area does the same thing.

Bob & Jim, thanks a big bunch!  I had to go back a forth a couple times to see what you were referring to, but they both will save a step or two.  Many thanks again for these tips.