Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

So I did  it. I  ordered  3d  printer due to it being on sale for very good price. I also found out on forum that there are filaments for making wood products. The filament actually contains wood particles. This filament can be sanded and stained like wood as well. If I understand correctly. I am  not using this to replace my woodworking but  to extend it. I will keep you posted on how things go. My plans for it wood working wise are like toppers for trophies for service dog agency for their charity events and apliques (didn't spell that right I know) I am  not much for computer stuff so  I could bomb this whole thing lol unfortunately the printer is coming from Wuhang China so it sit on my porch soaked in Lysol for a bit  don't think I am joking lmao! I typically order American made but looked into reviews and it was the best printer according to forums for beginners.

Edited by Lissa Hall

Wow Gene I just now started to add a few things in a joking manner but after reading it, no this world is already going to the dogs and me adding a so called movie which didn't happen is not the thing to do...

Maybe the best thing to do with the package is microwave it for two or three hours till well done then see what happens..

I was going to suggest that if out mail and transportation companies were smart they might just drop those packages in to the ocean on the way over here but I read once that this couple tossed their baby over board cause it got too expensive to feed and clothe it  and no it didn't die for it landed on a pile of plastic and there was enough food and water to keep it alive for a month or so till a passing ship stopped and picked it up. And by the way that baby had gained 12 pounds on that trip across the ocean..... So we got the trashie people to think for saving that baby.. And low and behold some turtles even taught it to talk.....It just so happens no one else can under stand it but more turtles.....go figure.

When in a tool or hardware store, I'm afraid to touch anything, anymore. My son is a mechanic for FedEx OTR rigs. He says the drivers and loaders won't touch a package without wearing rubber gloves. Amazon and Walmart is going to have to start certifying their products as virus free.

Oh I plan on being excessively cautious!!! Even as excited as I am to get started. I agree about being certified safe but doubt it will happen. All we can do is be as cautious as we can. But as said even stuff here can make u sick just as easily!  I guess it comes down to be careful but when its ur time its ur time. Being. A retired medic I have seen people walk away from catastrophic wrecks and seen people die when there was barely a dent in the car. But i will be careful!!

So printer  came  in  was sprayed down and cleaned for real.  Setup was  easy enough  but bed levelling sucked. It has been learning curve. Unlike regular tools you can not just plug and go  there is learning curve. When you are dealing with comments, settings and different types of filaments. Stepping away a bit for today  as it does get frustrating. I have only made a few little samples and not much to look at.but figured I would show you a picture of what can be done. I will keep u posted and share my own first success.  Whenever I get there lol. P.s I would give credit to whoever made it but do not know. 

images.jpeg