Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Many years ago (at least 25 or so) I bought a Forstner set from AMT (anyone remember them?) and they have seen regular use since then. AMT was one of several importers that went belly up in the 80's in so and they had a line of imported machine tools as well. Anyway, my bits are almost certainly a good comparison to the HF ones. But with mine their use has almost always been softwoods and I have touched them up a time or 2 with diamond stones. I still have them in my DP cabinet for use with softwoods. I'll tell you, if you're lucky a local Menards may still have this set of Irwin bits. I picked one up a month or so ago on clearance for $20 (Menards) and it's a lot nicer, really cuts clean holes and I've used them on hardwood.

Had to think on this one I do have the HF set , boxed and maybe 12 piece. That was maybe 20 years ago .The smaller bits got the most use so I bought a small Set from I don't know where about 2 years ago.

I also have two sets of HF regular bits the black set and the titanium ? set. I think the black set may have performed better Not all that happy with that gold set so I got a Alta set and it is really good.