electrical on f-150

oldwoodie

12 hours ago, oldwoodie said:

speedo lights, taillights, went out. Any ideas?

That's interesting.  When you say speedometer lights I am guessing all of the DASH lights do not work?  Reason I ask this is if only the speedometer light doesn't work we could be dealing with something wrong in the dash cluster.  That can have a lot of issues internally.  I am off today so I have no access to wiring charts at the moment.  But I do have to go and deliver some wine goblets, at a Goodyear shop no less.  I will see if I can get a wiring chart and give you some places to start.  Ford numbers fuse boxes so unless you have the owners manual trying to figure out what fuse to look for is a pain.  :D

27 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

Headlight switch. 

I am thinking same thing and that the pop was the fuse in the fusebox under the dash.  Be a bit before I post the fuse number and a diagram.  Haven't finished my morning coffee and gotten up to my friends shop to get a diagram yet.  

Okay, let us begin with the basics.  Under the dash on drivers side is a fuse box.  You will need a test light to check to see what fuse is blown. (The suspected source of the popping noise.)  These fuses are numbered, not labeled.  We need to know which number fuse is blown to begin.  I am putting two diagrams of the circuits I suspect might be the problem here.  If this doesn't cover it, post the fuse number and I will research more and give additional places to look.  Best I can do without more information or actually being there in person.  :D

2005FordF1501a.jpg.4cacc5f58e4f2beec4cbb964b578055c.jpg

2005FordF1501b.jpg.1351c09856ba905c4e0f62102caebbac.jpg

Archived