Curley maple vase

Rate this topic

Looking good there . Why did you go to 12000, Special finish?

Yes I have done it but usually to finish the finish only. Have now learned better ways to get there. But yes the high grits do put the touches on a gloss finish. If using lacquer you can try Beal Buff with about 800 rpm and see what you can get that high speed will just take off the finish totally. I can see you are having fun.

9 minutes ago, Gerald said:

Looking good there . Why did you go to 12000, Special finish?

Yes I have done it but usually to finish the finish only. Have now learned better ways to get there. But yes the high grits do put the touches on a gloss finish. If using lacquer you can try Beal Buff with about 800 rpm and see what you can get that high speed will just take off the finish totally. I can see you are having fun.

I use Triple E and Aussie Oil.  Leaves a very nice shine and it seems to last better than the wax stuff I used to use.  

• 3 months later...
35 minutes ago, Joseph said:

I've used triple E,nks. then its sister product, shellwax. I wouldn't have thought that an oil finish could be put over the triple E. Thanks.

I also used shellawax, but it seems if the item is handled a lot, the shine goes away pretty quickly.  Since I started using Aussie oil, the shine lasts a very long time.  I had emailed the maker of Aussie oil (they are the ones that make the triple e also) and they said I could use both triple e and the Aussie oil.  I have been using it ever since....about 2 or 3 years now. 

• 8 months later...