Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

On 1/9/2020 at 4:20 AM, Cal said:

Do I understand from your post that you will be trekking to the east coast for her graduation?

Yep, should be the last week of this month. I put in for vacation at my day job and it was approved yesterday, now we are only waiting for the final word that she'll graduate before we purchase airline tickets. :)

On 1/9/2020 at 5:34 AM, Gene Howe said:

Great looking pair of soldiers, there. You can pass the baton, Dad. It'll be in good hands.

Thanks Gene. She is very proud of herself, and ready to move on to AIT for her MOS school, I love seeing her so motivated. :)

Best things you can give them ------- roots and wings.

Show them the difference between right and wrong -- they actually do pay attention growing up and copy what they've been exposed to.

And hope they choose the right path.

Good Job!!

Oh --- and learn how to use Facetime.  It helps.

On 1/20/2020 at 6:45 AM, honesttjohn said:

John, my current cell phone is ready for an upgrade, it's an Android, I am seriously considering the Iphone for the fantastic Facetime capability, our daughter used Apple, so in order for it to work wonderfully, I am seriously considering a Iphone like she has. Great suggestion sir!

On 1/20/2020 at 9:45 AM, honesttjohn said:

3 hours ago, John Morris said:

for the fantastic Facetime capability

Okay I will bite what is it??  All 3 kids I have in college / academy use Facebook Messenger.  Kyle had to tell me how to access it, figure out my password (I really don't remember setting this up to begin with) and finally install it on my phone or else they might get a reply when I opened it on the laptop. (Might take awhile)

Facetime is the common man's video conferencing.  You can see the person in real time while you're talking to them.  Once you have the App it's just a click of a button.  Great to keep in contact and see the grandkids.  They actually know you even if you don't get to visit them a couple times a year.