Coffee Mill

Ron Dudelston

10 minutes ago, Gerald said:

That is a really good looking kit. Have you ever considered a website instead of Etsy? just wondering how anyone finds a specific place on Etsy. Seems I have to have the wording just right and for the things we make well.....

John Moody has his own site and does well with it.  As for Etsy, it runs hot and cold.  I’ve had an Etsy store for about 4 years and the first year was awful.  Since then, I’ve done OK and the past year has been extremely profitable.  My biggest gripe with Etsy is that they’re really pushing free shipping and give the stores with free shipping priority.  I’d rather offer fair shipping rates and not jack my prices up.

By the way, the plans have a mistake in them.  I found that out only after I cut the backs out and had to recut them.  The kit gives you only the grinder mechanism.  

Ron, those are wonderful.  Kind of reminds me when I was a child that they had larger machines in the local grocery store.  You could pick out the coffee you wanted and the grocer would grind and bag it for the customer.  Watched it many times until about 1958.  

Edited by FlGatorwood
correction

6 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

Ron, those are wonderful.  Kind of reminds me when I was a child that they had larger machines in the local grocery store.  You could pick out the coffee you wanted and the grocer would grind and bag it for the customer.  Watched it many times until about 1958.  

And the aroma is amazing.

Really nice Ron.

To follow up Gerald's point, I just went to Etsy and searched for "coffee grinder".  I went through 3, of 73+ pages and did not see yours:(  How do you get yours to the top of the list so that folks actually find your stuff?

And you are right about that aroma of fresh ground beans.  Maybe not enough for me to grind my own though:D

4 minutes ago, Cal said:

Really nice Ron.

To follow up Gerald's point, I just went to Etsy and searched for "coffee grinder".  I went through 3, of 73+ pages and did not see yours:(  How do you get yours to the top of the list so that folks actually find your stuff?

And you are right about that aroma of fresh ground beans.  Maybe not enough for me to grind my own though:D

Cal, I haven’t listed it yet.  I’m waiting for more drawer knobs to show up.  As for Etsy, it’s a crapshoot.  They put their premium shops first. Tagging is very important on Etsy.  The more, the better.  You have to think like a shopper.