Looking for a pattern

jttheclockman

Boy security has sure been increased here since my last visit. 

Anyway I am looking for a pattern and have no idea who made it but it was offered by woodcraftpatterns.com years ago which has been absolved into Woodcraft. The pattern is 2 rings interlocked and between a heart. Held up with 2 stands. The heart can have names or dates scrolled into it. I will try to add the pinterest photo.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

018a638769ae60b29d7e44966ee2e195.jpg

Edited by jttheclockman
insert photo

1 hour ago, DuckSoup said:

@jttheclockman Woodcraft does have back issues of their magazine, I did a quick scan of their covers but turned up nothing. An e-mail to them may yield some results, they may have archived the old patterns. Let us know if you have any luck.

I spoke with them yesterday and they said they did not have that pattern any more.

Just now, Smallpatch said:

Can't you just draw up that yourself. Unless you want it exactly but if you drew it up, it would be adding your thoughts to it....

I haven't checked in a long time but give The Wooden Teddy Bear Collection a once over.

I probably could draw something but this would have been easier because I know it is out there but no one wants to give it up. No one knows the maker so I can not contact them to see if I could duplicate. I was going to add my own touches anyway as I usually do. 

@jttheclockman if you'll blow up the pic I think you will see that the rings do not go through the legs. Looking at both legs you can see the front & back of both and the tops appear to be solid. I see 5 pieces to this puzzle, heart, 2 legs & 2 rings. I think the rings are cut with a slot the thickness of the legs and then just glued in place.

You can cut the rings with two hole saws, outside first then the inside, much like a wooden bracelet. Cut a slot into the rings to just fit the wood thickness of the legs & glue.

44 minutes ago, DuckSoup said:

@jttheclockman if you'll blow up the pic I think you will see that the rings do not go through the legs. Looking at both legs you can see the front & back of both and the tops appear to be solid. I see 5 pieces to this puzzle, heart, 2 legs & 2 rings. I think the rings are cut with a slot the thickness of the legs and then just glued in place.

You can cut the rings with two hole saws, outside first then the inside, much like a wooden bracelet. Cut a slot into the rings to just fit the wood thickness of the legs & glue.

That would appear to be a compound cut to get the proper twist on the rings probably make lots of extra rings for trial and error.

2 hours ago, Michael Thuman said:

That would appear to be a compound cut to get the proper twist on the rings probably make lots of extra rings for trial and error.

The stem on the legs are reversed, putting one forward and one back. Just tilting the rings off center would give the compound look.

xx2.png.17f46547d9cfa984b5d1f19f99b18687.png    xx1.png.3d972fc3271ab816a2221d2d8fb59158.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, Smallpatch said:

jttheclockman this is as close to the picture you posted as I could get. I know its not IMG_20191220_122758357.jpg.445b8fcdc0b106c661039348c152f84a.jpgplans or a pattern but maybe this can help.

If you was to use some wood like ash especially to make the rings then the cut through the rings and regluing will not show so much for the light and dark grain will hide most of it. 

Man that came out very nice. Good job all around. Just a follow up I have the pattern from another scrolling site. A person there was kind enough to copy it for me. Another thing is I am not going to scroll the rings. I am going to use real rings. You can get cheap on ebay. I am also adding a photo frame so they can have their picture in. I am adding words around the heart. These are some of my ideas to expand on this pattern. I hate to use someones pattern and not add my own touch. Right now my scrolling is done for a few months as I return to turning pens which is another hobby of mine so this will get put on hold somewhat. I may still playa around a little with those ideas some. When I get something done I will be sure to post a photo. Thanks all for the help. 

Maybe, just my touch. I just liked the pattern. My rings will be interconnected too. May make a few with wood rings and see what sells better. Just a point on your project if you would have seperated the stands more you would get the rings more centered. 

Edited by jttheclockman