Cuckoo Clock........again

Ron Altier

I think those are rare.  I remember them being made in Germany back in the 1950's.  Folks who owned one were so proud of them.  My wife would go crazy with the koo-koo bird.  But, I would love one if I could silence it at night.  Thanks for showing.  It brings back many memories.  

Hey @Ron Altier - this is not an exact match, but maybe came from the same maker (judging by the bird on top).

https://bid.bidderone.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/22918/lot/3328083?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F22918%3Fpage%3D4

There is no description to suggest it works - or not.  I plan to go up next week and look at a couple other items in the sale.  If you have any interest in this, for parts or to redo, let me know and I will be glad to check it out for you.  If you do have an interest I could do the bidding and shipping also, providing it doesn't go for a minor fortune!  This sale just got posted up, so no telling where the bidding will end up.

5 hours ago, Cal said:

Hey @Ron Altier - this is not an exact match, but maybe came from the same maker (judging by the bird on top).

https://bid.bidderone.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/22918/lot/3328083?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F22918%3Fpage%3D4

There is no description to suggest it works - or not.  I plan to go up next week and look at a couple other items in the sale.  If you have any interest in this, for parts or to redo, let me know and I will be glad to check it out for you.  If you do have an interest I could do the bidding and shipping also, providing it doesn't go for a minor fortune!  This sale just got posted up, so no telling where the bidding will end up.

Cal that is funny cause I saw another one on Facebook last night. Had to look back at Ron's picture and sure enough spitting image, even the bird

2 hours ago, Cal said:

That was my exact reaction while I was looking at the auction:D

2 hours ago, Cal said:

That was my exact reaction while I was looking at the auction:D

My grandparents purchased one, which looks like that one, during their visit to Germany in 1964.   Danl