Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

John Morris

Happy Thanksgiving - 2019

Norman Rockwell Freedom From WantHappy Thanksgiving

A Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving, it has been an icon of Americana since it was installed on the cover of the Saturday Evening Post back in 1943, this was one of a four series paintings done for FDR's "Four Freedoms" that were spoken during President Roosevelt's January 1941 State of the Union Address. In his speech the President spoke of the Four Freedoms, (Freedom From Fear, Freedom of Worship, Freedom of Speech, and Freedom From Want).

Norman Rockwell two years later created four paintings depicting each of the Four Freedoms the President spoke of, and the last freedom was Freedom From Want. The painting at left, is the "Freedom From Want" painting, depicting the ideal American family with an abundance of food, and obviously free from want.

Let us thank GOD for the blessing HE has bestowed upon us as Americans, for most of us we are free from want, but for many in our country, and the world over, it is only a concept many can only dream of.

This Thanksgiving we pray for our family, we pray for our loved ones and friends, we pray and we are thankful for our blessings, and we may even ask a favor or two in our prayer, but lets not forget the homeless and less fortunate in our prayers. They need our prayer, and they need our compassion.
And remember, the man or woman who is pushing a cart down the street, the man or woman who is passed out in a dark building corner from too much abuse, please remember there is a possibility they may have worn the uniform of our nations military at one time and they very well could have served heroically, yet they are having a hard time dealing with the demons that have followed them home from the wars past and present where they served us well, and fought for us. Please include them in your prayers this Thanksgiving Holiday. They need our prayer.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. John, a couple of years ago (okay more like 7 years ago) the Missus and myself went to the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge Ma. I’m not sure I have ever enjoyed a museum more. Bought a book about him there, very interesting read. Was quite a person.

On 11/27/2019 at 10:58 AM, Artie said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all. John, a couple of years ago (okay more like 7 years ago) the Missus and myself went to the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge Ma. I’m not sure I have ever enjoyed a museum more. Bought a book about him there, very interesting read. Was quite a person.

Artie, I'll have put that one on my bucket list then, someday, probably after I retire we are going to take a trip to the East Coast and visit the historical sites, I love our American Revolution history and you guys have it all back there, while there the Norman Rockwell museum is going to be a stop over, thanks for the heads up on that museum.