Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
kmealy

Harbor Freight has some competition now

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

My wife gets her hair done 1st week in December. That means I get an hour at HF. Will take some pictures.

OK, I'll be looking for old men in diapers, and 300# women in spandex, bikini top and hair curlers.  In my experience, HF won't hold a candle to POWM.  ;) 

Jim  

3 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

And, don't forget the free flashlights.

I find Mag-Lights for free! :D

3 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

And the 20% off coupons.

:ChinScratch:...But everything's 100% off curb shopping! :huh:

10 minutes ago, oldwoodie said:

what's curb shopping

In our area they have spring, and fall bulk junk pickup days.

You drive around and take your pick from the piles of junk people put out. You'd be amazed at what people toss out.

Just look at the fishing area in walmart. It use to be a fun place to visit while the wife was shopping. Now I only need a few minutes to look over the inventory to find there's nothing there...

Walmart wil only keep a select few things but won't keep a variety of each...

I'm with Woodbutcherbynight I'll just go to harbor freight

Edited by BillyJack

There all becoming competitive now. I think HF will win this one as  there too established for a  long enough period. .Everytime I go here there,there's several in line and several going and coming. It's a pretty popular store. 

Menards is making there self known and home depot and lowes is feeling it now. 

Personally I thin walmart ruined a lot of good business. There more worried about stockngs the shelves than helping the customer...I get it but online is killing them all...

Edited by BillyJack

Here are some comparisons.  

When I went to buy a Bandsaw early this year I went to Highland Hardware in Atlanta.  Walked in and immediately someone greeted me and asked if I needed help.  That got me to a guy took me over the Bandsaws I had mentioned and gave me a rundown on the differences between the two benchtop models.  Lot of info and very helpful.  Now compare that with going to the borgs.  IF you found someone to help you it is doubtful they would know 1/8 of what the salesperson at Highland Hardware knew.  I paid $250 for a Rikon 10 inch bandsaw, a much better quality tool than other offerings.  True it was on sale as the newer more improved has more bells and whistles came out. 

Now when I go to HF, they have people around, and they actually know where stuff is and seem eager enough to help you.  They don't hassle you, no buzzers that are for security that go off every 10 seconds while you are trying to read the back of a box or something.  Sometimes you get a person that knows about say power tools or welders, sometimes not.  Kinda  crap shoot. 

Walmart, that will  soon sell a house brand of tools.  A sales person?  OMG, it is a miracle.  Find something, yeah use your phone to find it after you walk across the 5 acres of store because you went the wrong way.:BangingHead: