Comparable to Makita

I long ran a production shop. Makita tools were top notch for that use. DeWalt tools were a long way behind. Lamello was the top biscuit joiner, none of the rest were in the same league. Omga has been outstanding as our miter saw of choice. All that said, if price is your gage, none of these are in the running. As a home gamer you don't need durability in the same way as tools that get used all day every day. And more to the point if you are happy with what you've got, you are lucky. 

This isn't for home use. Makita was big but they were not in the 90's . Dewalt own the 90's and Milwaukee got some where in between in 2000..

There drills have been holding there own. I used this drill for 6 years at Jacobe furniture only replacing one battery. But I just dont know what compares to them or I need to spend so much..

Nobody really used biscuit jointers in the last 30 years. They were around up in the cabinets the somewhere covered in dust..

Edited by BillyJack

I've had a NiCad Dewalt set for years and have no complaints and used it commercially for a few years.  Upgraded to Lithium batteries a few years ago.  I have a 12V Hitachi lithium ion set that I use in the shop which is mostly smaller screws with no complaints.  I was using the drill to twist YO-YO strings which required "pulling/stretching" the strings while they are being wound.  Found the drills are made for pushing only and had to repair that mishap but the drill is still running fine.  Love the smaller/lighter 12V set.

Edited by HandyDan

Got a call from friend and he has a line on some 18 volt Milwaukee drills and impact drivers.  Wanted to know if I liked them.  Sure, they are nice but a bit heavy for me to use after a bit I told him.  (Pins in my wrist and arm don't like heavy things) But they would be good for less repetitive tasks I do, why do you ask?  Great he says I got you a set for Christmas see you in a few weeks.

Scratch one item off my wish list this year.:TwoThumbsUp:

On 11/20/2019 at 4:29 PM, BillyJack said:

Nobody really used biscuit jointers in the last 30 years. They were around up in the cabinets the somewhere covered in dust..

I still use my biscuit joiners a fair amount for casegoods.  Probably over 50 things  I've made lots of things using just them and all are holding up fine.   I do not use them for edge joining, "just for alignment."    

I think I've stirred this pot before.  So, I'll just add, "Pins first or tails first?  Glue one surface or both?"