the worthog will not be retired

Cliff

That gatlin gun hanging out the nose is almost like the one we used on the A-7E in Vietnam.  And, those transfer boxes you see them loading was the most problems we had with the guns.  20mm and when it fires it sounds like a siren.  You have a 10 second dive.  All the other stuff I know is classified.  Can't tell you.  But, that thing is serious.  And, that is one ugly plane.  It's uglier than the A-7.  :D  That gun can plow a field in seconds.  

3 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

All the other stuff I know is classified. 

From experience I can tell you that it will rip right through concrete block walls.  Anything inside is mincemeat.  I am not beyond calling for a 2nd run just for effect either.  :D

Got to Westover AFB in 1979. It was only a reserve base, not a whole lot of activity on the runway, most days. Being that it used to be a SAC base, it had a 3 mile runway for the B-52’s. The A-10’s used to use the runway to practice touch and goes. When you heard the plane, you would look down the runway expecting it to be coming in, but it would have already touched down and be taking off again, by the time you heard it. I have loved that plane since then. Probably no other plane in the world is as good as accomplishing it’s main goal, than that plane. Thanks for the post, Cliff!

I once called in an airstrike but they refused to help me out.  Thinking it over I then added I thought I saw an armored vehicle possibly a tank.  THAT they got excited about and promptly ripped up the top of a hillside.  Problem solved. 

Never did find the enemy sniper but hey he stopped shooting.:JawDrop:

Archived