Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
lew

Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners November 13, 2019

Rate this topic

Thanks for the post Lew, I could not have been more surprised.

Glad you finally got it in place and put together. Looks good in that spot. When I got my PM a friend suggested unplugging it when not in use , so my plug is just to the left above my headstock and I hang a reminder tab over the light switch so I do not forget.

Nice to see your up and running.

Lew, maybe this would help. Install a four square box with a raised surface switch cover and then fed your receptacle from the switch. 

Leviton MS303-DS 30 Amp 600 Volt, Three-Pole,

Three Phase AC Motor Starter, Suitable as Motor Disconnect, Toggle, Industrial Grade

27.00 @ amazon

yppppp.jpg.04b3e97f4428404e5d66b073e64c5812.jpg

17 hours ago, lew said:

The electronic speed control is sensitive to voltage surges and Jet recommends unplugging the lathe when not in use. I looked at the price of 3 pole disconnects- a little salty.

How bad can it be.  Cost me almost $300 to replace the drive in mine.  I feel it is better to unplug.  I have seen electric jump gaps.

17 hours ago, lew said:

The electronic speed control is sensitive to voltage surges and Jet recommends unplugging the lathe when not in use.

:ChinScratch:...Might want to consider a surge suppressor as well, just in case you take a surge while using it.

@Woodbutcherbynight Thanks! Yeah, finally starting to feel normal again!

@Gerald, @DuckSoup and @HandyDan! Thank You! I found enough stuff in my electrical supplies to make a short extension cord. That'll make connecting/disconnecting much easier. I really like that Leviton switch. It may be in my future. Thanks for the link to it!

@Larry Buskirk Thanks! I'll have to look thru my computer supplies!

@FlGatorwood Than You!