Craftsman wrenches

Pat Meeuwissen

2 hours ago, Pat Meeuwissen said:

Guys, does anyone have an extra set of the blade wrenches for an old craftsman tablesaw? they don't need any longer??

Any idea what sizes we are looking for?  Like John I probably have some but would be a guess which one fits.  

What model TS is it?

I'm a dope and didn't write the model number down. Its my Dad's old saw that I gave him back in 1982. Its still works and I took it to my SIL's cabin to do some projects for her but having to use a pair of channel lock and adjustable wrench was not easy. Hopefully my nephew can get me a model number this weekend. Thanks so much.

2 hours ago, Pat Meeuwissen said:

John, if I had a picture of them i'd have the wrenches. lol ;)

Ya I know, I was hoping perhaps some online image you could drag up. Perhaps I'll dig through what I have and take pictures and see if anything looks like what you need.

If it is not a 7/8 you can manufacture your own wrenches to fit.  Measure the nut and collet with calipers for an accurate measurement.  Takes some time, and patience but can be done.  For my router table build I needed a flat wrench to fit the router lock.  The ones offered were too thick to use the way I set the sleeve up on the side to reach the router.  So I took a piece of 1/8 flat steel and rough cut the opening then filed it down till it fit snug.  You can do all that with a hacksaw and a file.  Helps if you have more to work with but its not like you are making 10 of them.  :lol:

Pictures tell a better story.

The wrench:

IMG_0789.JPG.b28567d6f390971f2066459de5652242.JPG

Where it goes and why it needed to be flat.  Also the channel it goes into.

IMG_0778.JPG.a618a4b3bb0a8a91a49adbf0e8479fd4.JPG IMG_0780.JPG.e557839b5c8cdf85d6177cab8855d20f.JPG

On 11/15/2019 at 6:34 PM, Pat Meeuwissen said:

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/craftsman-113298051-table-saw-parts-c-158286_168548_202537.html

This is the  model of the saw  it says the wrenches are no longer available.

Went out to the metal shop today and found these wrenches.  If they will work for you I can mail them off to you.

DSC02677.JPG.c2ce93602eedc3f86a6e389aeabd4665.JPG