Thanksgiving Menu Ideas

John Morris

Hey folks, in our home we have the traditional Thanksgiving meal, same thing every year. We love our menu, but this year we are having half a dozen college friends over of our oldest girl. Her buddies aren't making it back home for Thanksgiving, so they are going to hang their hat at our place.

We'd like to offer a nice variety of food. I'd like to know what you all do for your Thanksgiving meal, just to see if anything pops out that is unique and we'd like to try. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Can't be much help.  We hit the local Holiday Inn for a buffet dinner.  Turkey, roast beef, ham, fish.  Mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing with plenty of gravy.  Corn, peas, green beans.  Bread or rolls and salad.  Save room for dessert as there is about 24 different ones to choose from.

All you can eat and not fussing to prepare the food or clean up after.  Can't beat it.

Be original.  Go with hamburgers and brauts, or chicken wings, on the grill, some potato salad, and of course desserts.  

Lena and I don't go out, or entertain so we keep it simple.  A small turkey, green bean casserole, stuffing, and some cranberry.  Anything chocolate does the trick for her.  I am not much of a sweets or dessert guy so she gets to eat all of the dessert stuff.

23 hours ago, John Morris said:

You know, I had my first pecan pie a few weeks ago, and I loved it, all these years I never bothered to try pecan pie.

:BugEyeSmiley:

There's something just plain wrong about that John!

Now, have you had a sweet potato pie?  Good eating....  a peanut butter pie?  Who needs turkey when those three are on the table?

Do any of your expected guests have any special needs?  Vegans, that type of thing?

Just now, Cal said:

There's something just plain wrong about that John!

I know! I can't believe all this time! :lol:

1 minute ago, Cal said:

Now, have you had a sweet potato pie?  Good eating....  a peanut butter pie?

Yes, on the potato pie, no on the peanut butter pie, and I love peanut butter.

1 minute ago, Cal said:

Do any of your expected guests have any special needs?  Vegans, that type of thing?

Not that we are aware of, at least daughter has not mentioned it to us, we should ask though for sure. Thanks a million for that reminder Cal, appreciate it much.

Archived