Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, Pauley said:

My wife says I’m my worst critic.

Yes! We are. Listen to your wife Pauley! :P

I think that is one of the prettiest finials over ever seen. Most excellent! Now, how'd you learn to turn those?

6 hours ago, Pauley said:

Feel free to criticize...especially on the finial.  I’m not to good at doing them...

Looks great!  Some nice work.  Congrats on the new lathe, a nice one from what I have seen.

@lew posted a few weeks ago a chart for measuring finial's.  Might be helpful for you for next project.

8 hours ago, Gerald said:

You are getting there . You asked so here it is no punches pulled. The finial does need thinning in the top and definition on the bottom. Look at this Drozda video just to see the shape and a little on how she does it. How Cindy does it

Your box looks good . That inside is a very nice touch. You might look at adding a shadow line at the bottom by adding a round over at the bottom instead of straight into the table.

Do not be discouraged as you are doing well and my comments are meant to be constructive.

I will definitely look at the video.  I appreciate what you said, especially about the shadow lines.  When turning, I try to step outside my comfort zone.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it’s firewood. Ha ha ha...thank you very much.

8 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Looks great!  Some nice work.  Congrats on the new lathe, a nice one from what I have seen.

@lew posted a few weeks ago a chart for measuring finial's.  Might be helpful for you for next project.

Thank you.  I had a nova Comet II and it did the job.  However the Revo 12/16 is spectacular!  I’ll check out Lews chart, thanks.